Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious how everyone manages there sleds from trailer to garage. I'd like to be able to easily get the sleds off my trailer and into the garage and back onto the trailer and I can't seem to find an effective way that doesn't ruin either my garage floor or my back. lol I have dollies, but they're a huge pain to get under the sled alone. I'm contemplating buying a lift of sorts, but I'm not sure that's the answer either. Any tips or advice? How are you guys doing it? Thanks!
14745fccf4dac42020d9e41a13078a63.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Horse stall mats with ski guides screwed to the mat. No marks on floor and slides glides easily into the garage

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
How do you move it around the garage once it's on the mats though? I was thinking about a similar idea with plywood.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I was looking for options on this as well!. I’ll have to look at the horse Mats. Any other ideas? I’m planning on a drive through set up on my new garage and would love to have a semi permanent set up for the two rows of sleds.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I use an EasyMove dolly to move my sled in the shop and then outside on the apran. I back my trailer up to the apran, drop the door and then drop the dolly with the ski's on the trailer door ramp. Then drive the sled in. ZERO issues or tearing up any cement. Do the same thing in reverse to unload the sled. Brand new shop, cement floor and apran out front and the last thing I want is tore up cement. I DO NOT have studs or ever have. That may be a different issue.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I use an EasyMove dolly to move my sled in the shop and then outside on the apran. I back my trailer up to the apran, drop the door and then drop the dolly with the ski's on the trailer door ramp. Then drive the sled in. ZERO issues or tearing up any cement. Do the same thing in reverse to unload the sled. Brand new shop, cement floor and apran out front and the last thing I want is tore up cement. I DO NOT have studs or ever have. That may be a different issue.
Yeah it's definitely the studs that's the issue. It will destroy the concrete. I never worried about it until I got a studded sled.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
How do you move it around the garage once it's on the mats though? I was thinking about a similar idea with plywood.

Either a large wheeled dolly or harbor freight wooden movers with larger wheels on them to move over the ski guides. Once off the mats stack them up and move around on the movers, or little dollies or lift. Once I get my sled inside, it's on the lift

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
789 Posts
I'm using qualipieces rollerski to lift the carbides up off the ground. If you are easy in the throttle no issues with the studs on concrete. If you look close in the picture you can just see where the stud makes contact it leaves a little mark but that's it. I bought the wheels primarily for paved roads and gas stations but it works great for the back and forth off the trailer and in the shop.
074d45b29e9ad2b1bdd21fc39909073f.jpg

·
Registered
344 Posts

Dollies. Use a jack to get it on the dollies if your back doesn't want to do it.

Caliber ski wheels. For the fronts and it's easy to steer

·
Registered
3 Posts
I always wanted to build and mount a winch[hand or electric] in the trailer and just winching them in.Getting them out just back up.But with studs I only drive in when theres snow.Maybe when i retire and have more time in a couple yrs I will do this.But for now i muscle them in.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is how we do it. Works great unless you are working in a very confined area.

https://www.discountramps.com/sled-dolly/p/SNO-1509/

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
This is what I was thinking of buying. The mat idea will get it on an off the trailer and this can move them around as needed. Might be the best option.

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
I use the retractable ski wheels as well. Bonus at gas stations and bare roads and no damage to my concrete driveway or garage. No studs, not worth the hassle IMO. Eventually carbides will deeply gouge concrete. If you only do it a few times per winter no biggie though.

Reactions: 809 and 900mac

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
I use the retractable ski wheels as well. Bonus at gas stations and bare roads and no damage to my concrete driveway or garage. No studs, not worth the hassle IMO
Do you have the power ones with actuators, or do you have to dismount to lower them?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts