Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey crew!

We want to know what you guys want to see in SLED Gear that you're not seeing right now. Where is the major lapse, what's needed that isn't being produced at the technical level, quality or price points you want to see. What's missing?Please reply, as this feedback could potentially help make this happen!

This applies to anything sled wear

Gloves

Boots

Jackets

Pants

Bibs

Base Layers

Socks

Helmets

etc

·
Registered
535 Posts
More innovative helmet designs are needed in my opinion.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My riding is a mix of 70% trail, 30% off trail. My main issues are staying warm enough for trail riding, while not sweating and overheating while playing off trail. I'm not sure there's a solution to this besides opening jacket vents/shedding base layers.

For helmets - I've tried pretty much everything. MX/goggles, electric shields, BRP modular and BV2S. Have not tried the oxygen helmet. Something ideal would be shield that does not fog with heavy breathing, and not restrictive with a mask. Something that can be used both on/off trail. Cords for shields get in my way while riding off trail.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
There's not a single helmet on the market without flaws.

The industry needs a really lightweight carbon helmet without being plugged in to remain fog free. In the meantime, snowcross style helmets are the best, but they really need to focus on a specific one that is geared for high speed trail riding and NOT off trail back country. Less vents, and much more protection from the wind!!! The Klim Arctic balaclava and Gorilla taping a tons of vents from the inside-out can only do so much in curing this annoying problem.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
There's not a single helmet on the market without flaws.

The industry needs a really lightweight carbon helmet without being plugged in to remain fog free. In the meantime, snowcross style helmets are the best, but they really need to focus on a specific one that is geared for high speed trail riding and NOT off trail back country. Less vents, and much more protection from the wind!!! The Klim Arctic balaclava and Gorilla taping a tons of vents from the inside-out can only do so much in curing this annoying problem.
^X2. Agreed.

I cannot believe there is no snowcross / moto style helmet that is geared towards cold weather trail riding with a good chin skirt, operable vents, a breath and moisture control system that does not cause fogging or freeze up.

Include these features:

-Carbon fiber or other lightweight material.

-MIPS or other B.A.T.

-Chin and neck skirt.

-LED rear light.

-Visor designed to shield the sun, but allow wind to pass through as to not pull up on the helmet.

-Speaker pockets and/or provisions to add the most common communications systems on the market without crushing my ears or modifying the helmet.

-Operable vents to be able to regulate temperature for changing conditions and riding styles throughout a day or trip.

-Breath and exhalation moisture control system.

-Hi-Vis colors for safety without obnoxious, asymmetrical graphics.

I know about the CKX Titan, but I have never saw one at a dealer in the Midwest U.S. where I can try them on or look at them. I had heard they were unavailable in the U.S. Maybe they are, or there is a way online, but I like to be able to try on various sizes at one time to ensure the best fit.

·
Slednuck
1,982 Posts
More MIPS options in helmets and get that technology into affordable helmets like other recreation industries have.

·
Registered
21 MXZ XRS 850
3,775 Posts
IMO, the market needs improved "Tekvest" options. Thinner, lighter, more flexible or, segmented to adapt to body movements. The coffee can we wear now has some much room for improvement.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Maybe a breakdown by the different types of riders.

The mountain rides has uniquely different needs from the trail rider who has uniquely different needs from the utility rider, or the crossover rider, etc.

A best in class or best sellers in each segment would be helpful. A full length suit for instance doesn't interest me as a trail rider but I'm sure the mountain riders want to hear more about what is out there and what is being used with positive feedback.

There's also a segment of universal sledders that have needs related to glasses, hearing aids, special needs, etc. What is going on for those folks and are the manufacturers doing anything to address that market.

Appreciate you taking the time to ask.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I know about the CKX Titan, but I have never saw one at a dealer in the Midwest U.S. where I can try them on or look at them. I had heard they were unavailable in the U.S. Maybe they are, or there is a way online, but I like to be able to try on various sizes at one time to ensure the best
The CKX Titan may be good for some people, but the flip down modular part of it is a death trap in my opinion.
Modular helmets are lacking when it comes to protecting your teeth, jaw, etc... in hard frontal collisions.

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Modular helmets don't meet Snell standards, so your teeth, jaw, etc. are done.... Lol. Wear a proper full face Snell rated helmet.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
styleish outer wear in sizes for big people, I often find things I like only to find the biggest they have is 2x. That goes for texvests and helmets also. It's hard to fine heated clothing ie. vests, gloves, etc, that actually work for a REASONABLE price

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Would love to see a turtle Fur neck warmer that will fit a big neck, Or one that has velcro so you can put your helmet on, then the fur. So you have room to strap your helmet without a big ball of fur in your way.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
A Gore-Tex shell jacket made for guys with a slightly bigger build than Pee Wee Herman...

·
Registered
2021 BC XRS
7,475 Posts
IMO, the market needs improved "Tekvest" options. Thinner, lighter, more flexible or, segmented to adapt to body movements. The coffee can we wear now has some much room for improvement.
I have a Trail Pro and just bought a Demon Hypervest for the reasons you mentioned.

Going to give it a try this year but just putting it on it's more comfortable.

·
Xrs_800
888 Posts
Helments is a lacking area. Yes there is hundreds of designs but all have flaws( fitting, fogs, and to cold.) The biggest issues is fogging and the issues of never being able to try a helmet on the trails before buying. Lots of us buy a helment and invest hundreds and find out they dont work for us leaving us with a collection of useless helmets.

·
E-Tec Rules
33,573 Posts
Big and Tall sizes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: marky49
1 - 20 of 55 Posts