Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i'm going to make myself a sled dolly. You know the kind that has the 2 bigger tires and rolls up straddling the seat.

Does anyone have some plans, dimensions, info on making one. I have the resources(metal, welder, strap, wheels) but don't feel like making one by method of trial and error. I'd like one that would fit a rev as well as the older zx chassis.

I can't believe places charging $175+ for something that costs about $40.00 to make.

Any help would be appreciated. If not i'll just wing it and build one.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If anyone has a sled dolly that can help me out, I need some dimensions measured.

If I knew what a standard dolly measurements were for lengths [A] - [G] I think i'd be set.

Also does anyone know if a regular dolly that fits a zx chassis will also fit a rev???

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have one that I used two weeks ago to move an 04 an 01 and an 98 skidoo. you just have to adjust the "sliders" - I don't have pictures available right now and it is an hour away but if you still need after this weekend PM me and I can get some of what it looks like and take some dimensions. good luck

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks mxz.... I really wasn't sure if a rev and a zx(or other) could both be moved using one of these dollies.

Like I said, I could just build it using trial and error but it's a pain if you weld something together and it turns out it has to be welded in a different spot.

I normally don't ever need to use a dolly because of having reverse but when I put up my new garage this spring I don't want to rip the floor up when backing in. Studs and carbides do a number on cement.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Ka-RAY-Zeeee
5,301 Posts
Those dollies suck. I had one and between the frame flex and the huge amount of storage needed for it when not being used, they're just bad. It'll cost you a lot more than $40 unless you have all the stock and wheels just laying around. Steel is out of sight now as far a price. The EaZymovecart type are much better.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
An old friend of ours made papa a sled dolly.

Unfortunately I saw it and knew it would be PERFECT for moving caskets when I am by myself.......right now there is a casket laying on it. Dont see Randy getting it back anytime soon!!!

Thanks papa!!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
biggziff said:
Those dollies suck. I had one and between the frame flex and the huge amount of storage needed for it when not being used, they're just bad. It'll cost you a lot more than $40 unless you have all the stock and wheels just laying around. Steel is out of sight now as far a price. The EaZymovecart type are much better.
[snapback]718456[/snapback]​
Well storage isn't a problem. I have a huge 4 bay shed, a one car garage and then another 3 car garage going up this spring. As far as the parts I have everything except I might have to buy the wheels. Not sure yet but it might be less than $40.

Now the Eazy Move cart looks quite simple. Is there anyway you could get me some dimensions. Would probably be able to make one of them for even less money.

I'm just trying to get some dimensions. The sooner I get some, the sooner I can make one.

·
Dootalk = college student's study time
4,213 Posts
The only thing about the dolley is that it is a lot of space to store it. Also I didn't like it when lifting on the rev because there is no trailing arms to use. You have to fit the bottom plastic. Something to think about....

Ryan

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah like I said storage isn't an issue. I got looking some more and the Eazy Move cart won't work for me. I need something that has good size tires so that its easier to roll around my driveway, sheds and lawn if need be. And if it has the bigger tires I won't be able to slide it under the sled to lift it.

I guess i'm going to try to make one of the older sled dollies that straddle the seat of a snowmobile. I'll probably custom make it to be able to line up the pads so that they are under the bulkhead since I have a rev and no trailing arms.

I'll probably attempt the project this weekend, i'll let you know how I make out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts