Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sled runs very stong, but can't get past 90 MPH (800). Drive along all day under 90MPH and its perfectly fine. As soon as I try to go past 90 MPH, feels like it blows a belt, and basically falls flat on its face. Engine still revving freely, lights do not dim. As soon as this happens I let off the gas and the sled kicks back in. I can run WOT up to 90 MPH and no problems at all. But once I get to 90 MPH I have this weird problem. Thought it was the clutches so changed both springs and this didn't solve the problem. Opened the chaincase and everything appears fine. A good example is it feels like a governor in a car. Anyone?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
xtreme02 said:
Sled runs very stong, but can't get past 90 MPH (800). Drive along all day under 90MPH and its perfectly fine. As soon as I try to go past 90 MPH, feels like it blows a belt, and basically falls flat on its face. Engine still revving freely, lights do not dim. As soon as this happens I let off the gas and the sled kicks back in. I can run WOT up to 90 MPH and no problems at all. But once I get to 90 MPH I have this weird problem. Thought it was the clutches so changed both springs and this didn't solve the problem. Opened the chaincase and everything appears fine. A good example is it feels like a governor in a car. Anyone?
[snapback]688762[/snapback]​
The on board computer can tell that you are not yet ready for these speeds, and as a safety procaution, makes the sled die when it gets up there.

·
REV XP Nut
1,248 Posts
Sounds like the belt is slipping at high speeds maybe , install a new one or ajust the belt deflection ajust the driven clutch so the belt sets higher in it

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
How many miles are on your 06? The chip may hae not burned out yet, the chip acts just like a governer so to speak. They put them in just for this purpose so your sled breaks in properly or better than it would if you could max it out. Should burn out at around 300-350 mi.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
i have 380 miles and sometimes feel similar problem. And about 24 hours on mine. I cant tell difference yet if chip is gone or not. i just took it in for 10 hour checkup today so.

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
does that sled have a rev limiter? if it does you are over reving and the computer is shutting it down to protect from engine damage!

·
Registered
294 Posts
It defenitly is not the chip. I have 290 miles on my 06 an 12 hr so the "chip" is burned out. Mine seems to be an intermitent problem, some times it runs normal then will die and when it gets below 80 will come back to life and run like normal again? I havnt had a chance to ride since december so I havnt had a chance to trouble shoot since then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts