Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i decided to go with c&a skis. now which model should i buy? do i need to go high end with the razors or outlaw, or can i go with ad or sports. any info would be appreciated.

·
Straight out a Compton!
4,065 Posts
I have the adx's and there is no push what so ever in the corner. Going down the trail I can rest my left arm and dont have to worry about going off the trail. I dont have studs and ride semi to really aggressive.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
cdog2323 said:
KJ Motorsports said:
What type of riding? Semi-Aggressive, Aggressive?? Any studs??
[snapback]737387[/snapback]​
i ride aggressively. mostly on packed or groomed trails. not much powder. thanks. also-120 studs
[snapback]737401[/snapback]​
[/quote
Go with the razors. especially if you have studs. I run the razors with 10 inches of carbide and I don't have studs. They are aggressive but I can actually stay on my side of the trail and rail it as opposed to the precisions where I would basically slide and pray in every corner situation. I run the limiter strap loose and with these skis Its like a whole new sled. i love it.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
snoxer said:
cdog2323 said:
KJ Motorsports said:
What type of riding? Semi-Aggressive, Aggressive?? Any studs??
[snapback]737387[/snapback]​
i ride aggressively. mostly on packed or groomed trails. not much powder. thanks. also-120 studs
[snapback]737401[/snapback]​
[/quote
Go with the razors. especially if you have studs. I run the razors with 10 inches of carbide and I don't have studs. They are aggressive but I can actually stay on my side of the trail and rail it as opposed to the precisions where I would basically slide and pray in every corner situation. I run the limiter strap loose and with these skis Its like a whole new sled. i love it.
[snapback]737566[/snapback]​
how much loser from stock did you loosten the limiter straps?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I have it set on the loosest setting. I think there is only 3 holes( can't remember). I have my front skid shock tightened up and the blocks on the thinnest side. The sled tends to high side a little but I like that. It seems to transfer weight really well set up like this. I think you should get the razors w/ 10 inches of carbide and ride it like that, see how you like it. Make small adjustments in your front and rear suspensions untill you reach your desired situation. all it takes is maybe a 1/2 hour of dialing in and you can make your sled feel like a new ride. But remember everybody has different preferences in handling characteristics, just play with it and see what suits you best.

·
Members
693 Posts
Razors are the most common for aggressive trail riders. With 120 studs You would want a carbide as low as 6" and up to 9" depending on how aggressive you are. (options if using stud boy shaper bars)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I put Razors on my 04 and what a improvement. changed my track to a 1.25 ripsaw with no studs and have 6" carbides this thing handles Great!

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
I have razor's and of any aftermarket product I have bought for my sled this these skis are the best money I have ever spent on my sled. The only draw back I have heard is that people say it takes more effort to turn because they are a more aggressive skis. Also alot better in powder.

·
Registered
300 Posts
c dog i think mine are the adx's. i think they are pleanty aggresive for hard trail riding. the razors might be better in the powder. go white big dog.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I have the Razor, it has the center runner and two outboard keels with no runners. In the deep they are point and shoot, on the trail they are point and hold on for dear life until you get used to them. They are 1,000,000% better than the indecissions.

·
Registered
267 Posts
cdog2323 said:
i decided to go with c&a skis. now which model should i buy? do i need to go high end with the razors or outlaw, or can i go with ad or sports. any info would be appreciated.
[snapback]737106[/snapback]​
I have a pair of each.
They are all really good.
I prefer the Outlaw, with its 1-1/2" keel, with a 9" shaper bar...
Note: The outlaw uses a different part number than the ADX, RZ, & XT..
I havent used the XT yet, but it has the same keel as the Outlaw, but its 7" wide, the other skis are 6".
I ride really hard, and like the front end to be really aggresive, especially on a hard packed and some what icey corners.. I like to be able to hold the inside line.
My arms do get pretty pumped when Inm racing Cross Country, but that because I need to be in a little better shape. Just getting over a fractured back and havent been to active since then. The ADX or RZ have a 1" keel, and would probably be a lot easier in the forearms, and the carbide length is up to you..
The 9" bar is turny, but when you get used to it and ride anything with less, you will be missing them..
There all good skis, but because the Outlaw uses a different bolt pattern than the other 3,, and most dealers carry them for the ADX, RZ, & XT.. I would maybe lean towards them..
The keel is the distance from the flat spot on the ski to the bottom of where the wear bar bolts on..
Go to C&A's Website...
I would recomend the RZ for the best of all worlds..
Good Luck..

·
Registered
267 Posts
cdog2323 said:
[snapback]737106[/snapback]​
Forgot this info..
I have 96 studs on an 1-1/4" Rip Saw..
Im going to addd some more studs, first to 120, wich should be fine, 144 Im not sure, I like the sled to slide a little in the corners...

·
Members
693 Posts
dono: I stock a huge inventory of all C&A and USI skis and carbides. I also like the Outlaws even over the razors which are the best choice for most. The XTs arent actually the same keel. They are roughly the same except the drop keel on the XT is much longer than the Outlaw. And obviously the fact that the XT is 7 1/4" wide compared to the 6" wide Outlaw

In all honesty I can believe that anyone who puts on a C&A ski from the Advantage (AD) & up is going to notice a huge difference over the stock "indecisions" or even the new pilots.

One thing some people never think about is setup. Setup is everything regardless of what skis you have. The comment is always made that clutch kits are the single most bang for the buck. Bur I would have to say at least on a Rev chassis a good pair of skis comes in with a close second....JMHO

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I bought mine from KJ, I would recommend them and they are an advertiser here so what comes around goes around. Irregardless, they have good service.

·
Registered
267 Posts
KJ Motorsports said:
dono: I stock a huge inventory of all C&A and USI skis and carbides. I also like the Outlaws even over the razors which are the best choice for most. The XTs arent actually the same keel. They are roughly the same except the drop keel on the XT is much longer than the Outlaw. And obviously the fact that the XT is 7 1/4" wide compared to the 6" wide Outlaw

In all honesty I can believe that anyone who puts on a C&A ski from the Advantage (AD) & up is going to notice a huge difference over the stock "indecisions" or even the new pilots.

One thing some people never think about is setup. Setup is everything regardless of what skis you have. The comment is always made that clutch kits are the single most bang for the buck. Bur I would have to say at least on a Rev chassis a good pair of skis comes in with a close second....JMHO
[snapback]738560[/snapback]​
I will need to look at the skis side by side.. I think the Outlaws are pretty aggresive, especially with the 9" shaper bar.. Might be too aggresive for some.
Heres one for you now,, Are you able to change your skis by yourself, or does it take two people,, I have a 2006 MXZX 600,, and I couldnt do it by myself,, need some one to stand on the A-Arm while I pried the bottom of the ski up to line the holes and bolt... Please tell me theres an easier way ??
I ran out of swear words trying to do it by myself..
Thanks

·
Members
693 Posts
Here is what I have encountered. On 05s and older it was a slight pain but could be done with one person. The problem is with the 06's the stock rubbber is slightly thicker which makes the fit that much harder. I usually just shave the blocks down a little at a time to make them thin enough to fit nicely. I am sorry to say that C&A has not changed their mounting kits to account for the new style blocks so that is about the easiest thing that can be done.

-Kyle

·
Registered
167 Posts
dono said:
KJ Motorsports said:

[snapback]738560[/snapback]​
I will need to look at the skis side by side.. I think the Outlaws are pretty aggresive, especially with the 9" shaper bar.. Might be too aggresive for some.
Heres one for you now,, Are you able to change your skis by yourself, or does it take two people,, I have a 2006 MXZX 600,, and I couldnt do it by myself,, need some one to stand on the A-Arm while I pried the bottom of the ski up to line the holes and bolt... Please tell me theres an easier way ??
I ran out of swear words trying to do it by myself..
Thanks
[snapback]738608[/snapback]​
I ran into the same problem when I installed mine. I used a large C clamp to compress the rubber block when mounting the skiis. This works great and can be done by one person.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts