Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into upgrading the skis on my snowmobiles, one is used for trail riding and one for XC racing. Want some feedback on USI's Tripple Threats and C&A's!!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
ive been a fan of the C&A ADX's, its a fairly agressive ski but still doesnt have such a deep keel that it gets hard to steer and wear on you. good on the trail and seems to do alright as far a float in the powder, haven't ran the usi's but ppl seem to be a fan. probably going to be a preference thing when it comes down to it i guess...

·
Descending doooowwwwnnnnn
3,410 Posts
doo's 6.9's are a great all around ski

·
Registered
501 Posts
ive been a fan of the C&A ADX's, its a fairly agressive ski but still doesnt have such a deep keel that it gets hard to steer and wear on you. good on the trail and seems to do alright as far a float in the powder, haven't ran the usi's but ppl seem to be a fan. probably going to be a preference thing when it comes down to it i guess...
x2

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm running the c&a razors with 9" shaper bars and absolutely love them, they turn on a dime, no push, darting and they are not heavy turning. Plus I think they are the best looking ski out there

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Curves on my xrs worked great. Good all around ski. Much better with a round bar vs a shaper for me. I liked the stud boy 6" round bar

·
Registered
823 Posts
6.9" Pilots here. Ya gotta love them! A stock ski that's good!!!!! I may try SlyDog Powderhounds again this year......I want an Orange ski

·
Registered
898 Posts
I've been lookin at the Curves and I've heard nothing but good reviews, however most of the reviews have been on other brands, till now. Glad to hear no one is dissatisfied with the Curves on the XP.

Any pics or detailed review would be good. The Snow Shows usually have pretty good specials and ski trade in programs for the Curves. I think last year the skis with carbides, tips, and mounting hardware was right around $400, maybe just over.

·
Registered
771 Posts
if its pushing and darting use Bergstroms shims then keep your 450.00 and go sledding.

·
Descending doooowwwwnnnnn
3,410 Posts
Doesn't matter what you do to the Pilot, it will never be as good all around as a decent ski. The Pilot is nice on firmed up groomed trails, loose or deep snow they stink.
i wouldnt say they stink..the 6.9 does very good in the snow..no need to go aftermarket

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
i wouldnt say they stink..the 6.9 does very good in the snow..no need to go aftermarket
Sure it's better but we're talking the 5.7, which is horrible in the deeper snow. I like a ski that grabs better than the Pilot is capable of.

Of all the mods done to my sled the X2's were the best money spent. I'm sure the Curve is great too, haven't had a chance to try them.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts