Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
You know.... that is a pretty damn slick idea!!!!

That would work even better than dollies moving them around the garage. Just put a dolly under the track and then roll it anywhere easily and take up a little less space.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The wheels were on sale at Harbour Freight. $4.99 each plus the 5/8" x 6" bolts plus washers was less than $35.00 for two snowmobiles. Also bought 2 furniture dollies from Harbour freight to put under the track. Really easy to move them around.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Great idea!! Even for outdoor storage...sled is still moveable and the sun won't beat down the skis as most covers don't address the skis sticking out

·
stuck...
2,867 Posts
I have an old set of tractor front tires I wanted to stick on last year. But I couldn't find a bolt!

·
Registered
721 Posts
What an awesome idea! I store in my trailer, but if I didn't, I definitely do this for the summer Might anyway, to make it easier to put the sled in the garage to get it ready for next year. (sigh)

·
life is short, live long
29,081 Posts
One of those DOH!!!!! moments......

Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
657 Posts
thats a great idea. i have a harbor freight close to here. im going to do that cause im also tripping on my skis and have limited space with two sleds on one half of garage. after a cpl beers in the summer time im worried ill want to race it down my street though. :hiphiphooray:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had the room but wanted wheels to not rip up the lawn. welded 1 " square tubing with a section of rebar welded on that slips into the triangle shaped spindle opening, no tools it is a tight enough fit that it slides in and out. Short vertical section down to a welded bolt that holds on the wheel. Works great for driving the sled out to the trailer or across the driveway. It worked so well I almost got froggy and took it down the road , until I remembered I didn't cotter pin the nut and at speed the one side would probably back off. That wouldn't have been pretty

1 - 20 of 39 Posts