Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up a pair of these hand guard extensions. Had a finger injury (on the job) early last season, now my left hand, starting with my pinky gets cold/numb quick... a little extra wind protection on cold days should help, but I’m not sure how well they’ll stay on.. light Velcro around the post doesn’t look like it’ll stay put. Am I over thinking..? Anyone tried these..?
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Product Automotive lighting Font Automotive tire Material property

·
E-Tec Rules
34,023 Posts
Velcro is very short. Not long enough. I just used Velcro and added zip tie to zip tie it to the hand guards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: skideadx

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you use a pair of needle nose pliers you can pull the straps tighter and get some extra length out of them before sticking the velcro down. I've used these for several years with no issues with them coming off.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Just picked up a pair of these hand guard extensions. Had a finger injury (on the job) early last season, now my left hand, starting with my pinky gets cold/numb quick... a little extra wind protection on cold days should help, but I’m not sure how well they’ll stay on.. light Velcro around the post doesn’t look like it’ll stay put. Am I over thinking..? Anyone tried these..? View attachment 1979679
View attachment 1979678

Yours are on backwards.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I too have had them for a few years. I had one fall off and not notice only to have a buddy hand it to me at a stop. A couple others also had them fall off with same results. I put a tiny zip tie around the velcro now for piece of mind. Might also stop would be thief’s from walking away with them. They work great and are going on my 22

1 - 10 of 10 Posts