Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed an R-Motion Skid in to a Pre R-Motion XRS? I have a 2011 XRS & am curious if it is possible to install an R Motion in to that tunnel. Also curious if you could use the running board mounted adjustors as well.

Has anyone preformed this swap. If so How much modification of the tunnel was required?

Thansk for any honest feedback here.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I believe the 2011 race skid is a direct bolt in. It wasn't called an r motion but I believe a pcx or smthing like that. Talked to my dealer about it and we both agreed I'd be further ahead just buying a sled with the r motion stock. On top of the price of the skid you would most likely need to revalve shocks from race skid. My dads new sled has r motion and the tunnels look the same by eye just looks to use different mounting whole locations for the front arm and different brackets under the boards for the rear arm. Probly not what you wanted to hear but just my opionion. I would think the costs of 12 and 13 xrs's might come down some now that the 14 is in the new chassis. I had a 11 too and feel your pain.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
  • Thanks for the reply. Have installed many M-10's in my mid 90's Pol's before Polaris agreed it was a good idea. Game changer then as I believe the Rmotion to be today. Don't have the time for anything outside a direct bolt in these days. Don't want to go the Race Shock Re Valve route either.

Looks like it is a 2015 Spring order for me...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts