Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I located the perfect knife edged piece of granite today. It was under about 10inches of powder hiding. I happened to hit it just right and it took out about an inch long chunk of my ski skin along the outside edge of the keel. It gouged the crap out of other areas of the same skin. The chunk missing actually exposes my stock ski. The sled handles fine and I am not worried about gouges on the underside of my skis but was curious if there is any kind of resin or what not that could fill in the hole. I know a lot of you guys run long miles over rock filled tundras with sometimes less than desirable snow. What do you do?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I still have a piece hanging from the side of one of mine that I broke out on a log while backing up (aggressively) a couple of months ago. It is still hanging on, tough material.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
UHMW melts and bonds to itself quite well. There are vids on youtube with people using piles of pop bottle caps to make their own sheets of material. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it if it still functions well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts