Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wifes sled. Just installed 7 inch C&A's with 6" carbides. Went out today and the trails were frsh groomed and hard as a rock. She could barely turn it with the new skis. I traded sleds and sure enuff it was hard as hell to turn. I know these arent the best conditions for easy steering but it was a bear. Limiter strap is factory and loose. Rear springs are on the stiffest setting, front track shock is in the middle. Ski shocks are on 1(softest)My wife rides several thousand miles a year on my bumper. Short of loosening the limiter another hole what should I do to make it easier to steer? As the day went on she got a little more accustomed to the skis and was able to turn better. She says she feels as if she is going to love the skis if I can make it turn a little easier.

I am going to wait until next weekend to make any changes in hopes it wont be 22 below zero and the trails will be a little softer.

TIA

TB

·
Samsquamch
1,652 Posts
Well,it sounds like you have everything set that I was going to suggest.
I recently put flex skis on my rev...I put 10" bottomline's on it...boy what a mistake!!! waaay too aggressive,(i'm even running 144 studs...still too much) I put my center shock up to the middle setting,(helped a little) I set my front shocks on 2(helped some more)...I tried letting my straps out one hole...but that only affected the way it steered upon acceleration....on decel,it was still hard.
I put easy steers (pcs strips) on ..helped alot!......but I think a less aggresive carbide will be MY answer.

As for YOUR answer...well the only other thing I can think of is your rear springs,maybe soften them a little....I run mine on 3,and I'm 235lbs....never bottom out....so I thik you'll be safe there.

Other than that,

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
You might just have too much weight on the front. Tighten up the front spring on the rear skid which will take weight off of the skis.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts