Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i'm new to the rev and i like the ride and i can get it to turn in loose snow but i have the front springs turned all the way up (highest setting) with the stock skis. It will turn good but i have no room for anymore adjustment. I was wondering if there was something else i could do to the sled or new skis or what? this is on a 500ss adreniline. thanks
 

·
RAIN IS NOT AN OPTION!
Joined
·
687 Posts
redneckmotorsports27 said:
anyone??? I could really use some help
[snapback]314462[/snapback]​
Are you pushing in the corners?

Try more ski pressure by tightening up the limiter strap. You can also try more carbide on the inside runner of the ski. Bergstrom skegs is a great place to go for this issue www.bergstromskegs.com.

Good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
You need to decrease spring psi on front skis, lower settig this wil give you more weight on your skis
redneckmotorsports27 said:
Hello i'm new to the rev and i like the ride and i can get it to turn in loose snow but i have the front springs turned all the way up (highest setting) with the stock skis. It will turn good but i have no room for anymore adjustment. I was wondering if there was something else i could do to the sled or new skis or what? this is on a 500ss adreniline. thanks
[snapback]314151[/snapback]​
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I need to decrease the front spring pressurer? is that the front (center) skid shock on the ski shocks? and if i tighted up the limiter strap would it affect the ride much? and Yes it pushes in the corner quite a bit of the time. I'm running the center spring on the 4th knotch and the front sprinds on the 4th knotch. I'm 230 and it rides pretty good and the trails were pretty rough. do u know if i can get a stiff center shock spring. I have the adreniline package and the center shock has the daul springs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
No, doghouse's advice is mistaken. It does get confusing sometimes.

Making the front SKI springs tighter will increase the pressure on the skis.
Making the front SKID spring tighter will decrease the pressure on the skis.

The first one causes the front end to be higher, lifting the front of the track off the ground. This causes more of the weight to be carried on the skis.
The second one does the opposite. It causes more pressure to be on the front of the track, lifting weight off the skis.

Hope this makes sense.

-Don
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
826 Posts
Snowman9000 said:
No, doghouse's advice is mistaken. It does get confusing sometimes.

Making the front SKI springs tighter will increase the pressure on the skis.
Making the front SKID spring tighter will decrease the pressure on the skis.

The first one causes the front end to be higher, lifting the front of the track off the ground. This causes more of the weight to be carried on the skis.
The second one does the opposite. It causes more pressure to be on the front of the track, lifting weight off the skis.

Hope this makes sense.

-Don
[snapback]314721[/snapback]​
Snowman has it on the nuts!

I have mine on soft setting on springs and middle on front shock spring. Limiter up one notch tighter. She turns like mad, so much that I am getting popeye forearms!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if i decrease the center shock i would get the bottemign protection i want tho. If i tighten the limiter straps and keep the center spring on the setting i have it now(4th) would it bottom out easyer then if the limiter was in the stock setting?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,628 Posts
You said it was pushing in loose snow. I found the persision skis to work great on hard packed but push in loose or deep snow. If after you do all the adjusting you can you are still not happy try a more aggressive ski. I put SLP Powder pro skis in mine and they are awesome. I had to reduce the ski pressure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i have the the settings pretty much maxed out and was looking for other things to do..i'm gunna try the limiter strap but my next rides gunna be about 800miles i'm just trying to make sure its a good choice to make.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
has anyone tryed the shaper bar on the inside of the skis ?? if so did it help any or have u found a new runner that help??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Do yourself a favor and junk the stock skis. Go with a good aftermarket ski such as the usi px-301 and adjust from there. You can make those skis do it all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
redneckmotorsports27 said:
has anyone tryed the shaper bar on the inside of the skis ?? if so did it help any or have u found a new runner that help??
[snapback]315903[/snapback]​
If you do a search on skis or USI skis you should come up with a LOT of info as it has been addressed quite frequently on here. I have USI project X with shaper bars on my REV & love them. They were tough to turn at first but I adjusted the center shock quite a bit and now they turn great & it still really bites in the corners. So the USI's would be my recommendation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the help guys i'm gunna try the limiter straps and if i still aint happy i'll try to come up with some money to get ski's
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top