Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any BRP moderators on here please respond. My sled that I ordered in March is at dealer with no front shocks. Dealer says they have no idea when they will arrive and to call Ski Doo. When I call Ski Doo they tell me that only the dealer can get that info! Please help!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
This site isn't connected with BRP other than the one account they have for keeping a finger on the pulse of the end user.

You position sucks, but lots of shortages industry wide and I'll go on a whim and say that BRP will be thrilled when 2022 production is 100% complete. They're hearing from all angles and can't do much when it's out of their control.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I completely understand the current supply chain issue. I’m just trying to decide if I should buy a set of shocks to use or wait. If shocks will ship in 1-2 weeks I will wait, if not I will buy some. The dealer telling me to call skidoo and skidoo telling me to contact dealer is the frustration. Someone needs to give me an answer and if the answer is I have no idea then Skidoo should have not taken any orders in the spring.

·
E-Tec Rules
34,252 Posts
3rd-4th week of January and Early February The rest will be delivered. That newest from brp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Boylstonrider

·
Super Moderator
30,244 Posts
Any BRP moderators on here please respond. My sled that I ordered in March is at dealer with no front shocks. Dealer says they have no idea when they will arrive and to call Ski Doo. When I call Ski Doo they tell me that only the dealer can get that info! Please help!

As 12/3 noted, nobody here from BRP.

Daredog has the latest info I've heard, and your dealer could have offered that too.

I think a lot of these dealers are getting frustrated too so they'd rather say nothing than say what's offered to them. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
2022 Backcountry X Blue/Orange
130 Posts
Now since it says RF DESS posts, does this mean these will actually work with an encoded key? Or are they just the dumb DESS posts that will work with any key?

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Renegade 850T???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: origYeti

·
Registered
325 Posts
This site isn't connected with BRP other than the one account they have for keeping a finger on the pulse of the end user.

You position sucks, but lots of shortages industry wide and I'll go on a whim and say that BRP will be thrilled when 2022 production is 100% complete. They're hearing from all angles and can't do much when it's out of their control.
They took way to many spring orders that could never be follow through in a timely manner.
There public relations department deserves a F ratting for lack of transparency and keeping the
customers updated in a timely manner.
There has been no discounts for customers that have lost half or all of there 2022 season.and the customers that bought none refundable trail passes for there new 2022 sled.
But they are releasing the 2023 models well hundreds of people continue to get discouraged wanting there sled .
Please Doo the right thing
BRP.

·
Super Moderator
30,244 Posts
^^^ Lost 1/2 or the entire the season? Where???

I have a sled, I've been out twice - the first ride was two days ago. I sure hope the season isn't over next week.

It's ok to make a point, just try to make it somewhat reasonable.

·
Registered
259 Posts
^^^ Lost 1/2 or the entire the season? Where???

I have a sled, I've been out twice - the first ride was two days ago. I sure hope the season isn't over next week.

It's ok to make a point, just try to make it somewhat reasonable.
Yeah for people like me that have our biggest family ride of the season over New Years, and the second biggest ride of the season over MLK weekend, yeah that’s 1/2 of my riding season ruined …….

Now I did have my sled, it just rides like trash as a $2000 option i paid for doesnt work……hence i didnt even want to ride this MLK weekend……

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yeah for people like me that have our biggest family ride of the season over New Years, and the second biggest ride of the season over MLK weekend, yeah that’s 1/2 of my riding season ruined …….

Now I did have my sled, it just rides like trash as a $2000 option i paid for doesnt work……hence i didnt even want to ride this MLK weekend……
you can buy my 22 xrs 850, and sell it when done. problem solved.

·
Registered
60 Posts
A good dealer would put standard shocks on to get you going. My cousin just picked up a new XRS today and that's what his dealer did.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts

Does this help?

....... Sorry couldn't resist
Forehead Hair Nose Cheek Skin

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
378 Posts
Now since it says RF DESS posts, does this mean these will actually work with an encoded key? Or are they just the dumb DESS posts that will work with any key?

Does anyone have an answer to this? I just realized last night my sled has a dumb post, I hadn't checked it before.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My new Renegade XRS is waiting for front Smart Shox. Yes there is a global supply chain issue. All companies are not handling this issue with the same level of competency. BRP, particularly in their communication with dealers and owners, haven't been great. Frustrating for sure. I understand the DESS posts will be dumb likely until next season. Good luck everyone.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
OP: buy a used or new set of emulsion shocks to get you going and sell them when yours arrive. There is always a market to sell used shocks.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts