Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, do the newer sleds tell you when the machine is warmed up and if not how long should you give it? Also do they need to warm up if say you stop to eat for a hour? Thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
SImple answer is yes, the newer sleds (2013 and up) XM chassis sleds do. Im fairly confident the entire line up does with etec-s. When you stop, it depends on how long for, and how cold it is. if you stop on a -30 day, your sled will need to warm up, guaranteed. on the new sleds, the machine flashes "warm up" until it has reached temperature. hope it helps.

·
Registered
428 Posts
When you don't have premium gauges it doesn't tell you. It just idles up

·
Mod Smut
4,825 Posts
I usually start mine before I put my gear on. Couple minutes later I'll ride it easy to completely warm it up. Usually 10-15 minutes before I start to hammer on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Daag44

·
Registered
2022 Mach Z
1,072 Posts
The premium guage sleds will display warm up until the sled it warmed up, I don't believe the regular guage a will do this as my friends 13 tnt 800 does not. My sled is always done with warmup at 3 bars on the temp guage, so if you don't have the premium gauges I would just shoot for the 3 bars

·
Registered
428 Posts
Base model sleds don't have temp gauge either. Just a warning light when you over heat it

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
The premium guage sleds will display warm up until the sled it warmed up, I don't believe the regular guage a will do this as my friends 13 tnt 800 does not. My sled is always done with warmup at 3 bars on the temp guage, so if you don't have the premium gauges I would just shoot for the 3 bars
never knew this, thanks.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Since I only have about 12 miles on my 16 Gade, I cannot speak to the warm up portion. But, I can tell you after it is warmed up, it will shut itself down rather than just sit and idle and load up the plugs. Kind of surprised me the first time it shutdown. Wasn't sure if it was out of gas or it had an issue.

·
Armchair Interweb Coach
102,567 Posts
I wait until mine hits 100 deg..... Then a few blips and easy throttle for the first minute or two."..the WFOT all day long

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I wait for 10 mins give or take since i have no temp gauge i just put my hand one cooler an check it.if it feels nice an warm your set to go. Take it easy for the first few miles .

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
On my Mach Z; it will run in high idle mode until warm at around 2,000-2,200 then drop to 1,800-2,000rpm once warm- You can definitely tell. The etec is a marvel; it does the same thing, and the premium gage also lets you know what's up, too.

·
Premium Member
8,429 Posts
Here is the simple answer.......just ask my wife.......just start up the sled and take off immediately.

She don't care if it's warmed up or not.

If the sled is running, she is putting throttle to it.

No questions asked.

·
Armchair Interweb Coach
102,567 Posts
On my Mach Z; it will run in high idle mode until warm at around 2,000-2,200 then drop to 1,800-2,000rpm once warm- You can definitely tell. The etec is a marvel; it does the same thing, and the premium gage also lets you know what's up, too.
the Mach only warmed up until the temp was 103... Then she dropped down. You can always hear the warm up shut down...idle drops way down

1 - 19 of 19 Posts