Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Man, I am not a fan of the new G5 body style. The G4 looks like a muscle car and this just looks dopey to me...maybe I will like it better in person. The windshield is also kind of useless looking as well. Not impressed so far.
I do like the addition of LED lights but they better work good.
Man these things are down right ugly. Imo they ruined them. Holy smokes what a homely looking machine.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Wonder how the "wide" g5's are going to look... They need to get on making some other windshields available. As others have said, the ricky racer low windshields dont interest me.
It’s a deal breaker almost for me. After putting a taller, more useable PowerMadd Cobra on this season, finding the wind not hitting you all day doesn’t wear you out as a trail rider especially if the days are 200-300 mile days. I’m honestly hoping PowerMadd comes out with one by next fall because I just don’t care for the Doo shields since I’ve started with Doo in ‘08.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
Saw the G5 in person for the first time today, spring tour in Barrie. First impressions, Pictures don’t do these sleds justice, very sleek look, fit and finish is next level(aside from the windshield that was busted Lol) Sat on the Renegade XRS for a bit and it is noticeably slimmer, I can see why people are concerned about wind protection, i think the side deflectors will be a must for high mile trail riders for that wind protection. The display looks sick, just wish it was up a bit higher as I like to have the riser extension on my handle bar so it might block a portion of it.

Overall I’m super pumped to get mine when it shows. Side note* the Backcountry XRS colour is by far my favourite, green and grey or silver just pops.
Water Sky Motor vehicle Automotive tire Cloud

Sky Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Cloud

101 - 114 of 114 Posts