Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2024 Ski-Doo Renegade X-RS 900 ACE Turbo RR REV Gen5 (wide-design) with Competition Package
1,136 Posts
is that for real? On the Renegade they were both on. They had a converter hooked up to it. View attachment 1992625
On the trail sleds - MXZ and Renegade - no, it is a different headlight assembly and they are symmetrical in that both sides have high and low beams. On the REV Gen5 "Deep Snow" models - Summit and Freeride - one side is "low" beams and the other side is "high" beams; so when you have it on low beams only, only one side is lit up. This seems and looks ridiculous to me. I suppose they will claim it is for weight savings, but it looks like one "bulb" / LED assembly is out. Why it was designed this way and not symmetrical is beyond me. On the Lynx "Deep Snow" models, they have a three light assembly which seems like it could have - and should have - been integrated and used on the Ski-Doo models.

·
Registered
825 Posts
On the trail sleds - MXZ and Renegade - no, it is a different headlight assembly and they are symmetrical in that both sides have high and low beams. On the REV Gen5 "Deep Snow" models - Summit and Freeride - one side is "low" beams and the other side is "high" beams; so when you have it on low beams only, only one side is lit up. This seems and looks ridiculous to me. I suppose they will claim it is for weight savings, but it looks like one "bulb" / LED assembly is out. Why it was designed this way and not symmetrical is beyond me. On the Lynx "Deep Snow" models, they have a three light assembly which seems like it could have - and should have - been integrated and used on the Ski-Doo models.
Safety first on the mountain! That is ridiculous. I have to see where i am going dont care about saving a few pounds.

·
Registered
2024 Ski-Doo Renegade X-RS 900 ACE Turbo RR REV Gen5 (wide-design) with Competition Package
1,136 Posts
Safety first on the mountain! That is ridiculous. I have to see where i am going dont care about saving a few pounds.
I am somewhat OCD about such things and to me it looks cheap and like the headlight assembly is burned out, from new! I though more people than me would have been riled up about his, but it seems like nobody but me cares. That or the masses have not realized this design flaw, yet.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Man, I am not a fan of the new G5 body style. The G4 looks like a muscle car and this just looks dopey to me...maybe I will like it better in person. The windshield is also kind of useless looking as well. Not impressed so far.
I do like the addition of LED lights but they better work good.
It is so interesting the number of different opinions on the new body styles! For me, I think the G5 in that trail sled body is the best and coolest looking snowmobile ever created. Seriously. I don't know how a sled could look more refined with great lines, sporty looking, with a bit of that old muscle car look. Up until this body I thought the recent Lynx design was the coolest looking. I think this new look is the best. I don't like it quite as much in the deep snow versions...too "slick" looking.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
It is so interesting the number of different opinions on the new body styles! For me, I think the G5 in that trail sled body is the best and coolest looking snowmobile ever created. Seriously. I don't know how a sled could look more refined with great lines, sporty looking, with a bit of that old muscle car look. Up until this body I thought the recent Lynx design was the coolest looking. I think this new look is the best. I don't like it quite as much in the deep snow versions...too "slick" looking.
I can agree it is "slick" looking which would be good for the Mach Z. I am not a fan of the wind shield. Maybe that is what I don't like the most...the tuck behind racer look. I think if the headlights where further apart it would look better.

I will have to go to the site and check it out again. Maybe it will grow on me.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The body style is identical to the G4.. the chasis is the exact same with an additional motor mount. It is really not that much different. The biggest change is the LED headlights, which you could add to a G4 and a limited quantity IPAD gauge that is just as useless as its predecessor. I don't understand the hype for refurbished plastics everyone already anticipated was coming out for 2023.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
The body style is identical to the G4.. the chasis is the exact same with an additional motor mount. It is really not that much different. The biggest change is the LED headlights, which you could add to a G4 and a limited quantity IPAD gauge that is just as useless as its predecessor. I don't understand the hype for refurbished plastics everyone was already anticipated was coming out for 2023.
No it is not the same as a G4.

·
Registered
162 Posts
No it is not the same as a G4.
Don't Kid yourself..

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Don't Kid yourself..

I’m not, I know the differences in the two chassis, especially the summit.

This is not a xp/XM conversion, research it from skidoo literature. Not a magazine, there is lots of new parts on the G5 that the G4 does not have.

The summit it’s definitely a new chassis, it even has a new tunnel………

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Headlights are useless on a sled In The mountains, especially in deep powder.
That’s why there are helmet lights.

Reactions: Mach189

·
Registered
2,424 Posts

I think some of you need to watch this so your updated on the changes.

This is just another xp to some of yah.

Reactions: vinci_78

·
Super Moderator
18,654 Posts
I had a Kawasaki bike that was like this years ago. I got pulled over three times for it and had to explain every time. Plus people would flash me like crazy. Sold the bike because of it lol!

81 - 100 of 114 Posts