Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2024 Ski-Doo Renegade X-RS 900 ACE Turbo RR REV Gen5 (wide-design) with Competition Package
1,136 Posts
ya….. I still don’t get it… plus the Mxz lists more than the gade! Never that in the past… I think they just want everyone to quit buying 129’s
I see your from Canada so maybe it’s different, but in the states you can order Mxz xrs with 1.5 ripsaw which is what I did think I’m going to put either a 1.22 ice attack or rip 2 and stud it. Just went on skidoo site and you can order xrs with 1.5 ripsaw also
It does seem like they are limiting options for and steering people away from 129"s.

I have a friend who is upset that they are not offering a Ripsaw 1.25" on the 2023 MXZ X-RS in a REV Gen5 850 E-TEC or REV Gen4 600 E-TEC. He likes to stud a 1.25". I have an ICE Ripper XT 1.5" and like it, but to each their own. I assume that as in the past the ICE Ripper XT 1.5" will come with "full" length tunnel protectors and the Ripsaw 1.5" will come with none. So if you are planning on track swapping AND studding a MXZ X-RS, it seems you would be money and less headaches ahead to get the ICE Ripper XT 1.5", as it should have a bit higher resale and you will not have to buy and install tunnel protectors.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It does seem like they are limiting options for and steering people away from 129"s.

I have a friend who is upset that they are not offering a Ripsaw 1.25" on the 2023 MXZ X-RS in a REV Gen5 850 E-TEC or REV Gen4 600 E-TEC. He likes to stud a 1.25". I have an ICE Ripper XT 1.5" and like it, but to each their own. I assume that as in the past the ICE Ripper XT 1.5" will come with "full" length tunnel protectors and the Ripsaw 1.5" will come with none. So if you are planning on track swapping AND studding a MXZ X-RS, it seems you would be money and less headaches ahead to get the ICE Ripper XT 1.5", as it should have a bit higher resale and you will not have to buy and install tunnel protectors.
Your right that resale would be higher with the 1.5 ripper… but the ripper tracks just don’t cut it for me. I will be studding it with a 1.25 rip 2 2ply likely.
I don’t think the blizzard is the best deal but I wanted a short track and it checks most of the boxes at a slightly lower cost and I don’t have to buy a 200 dollar windshield after the fact. I don’t expect to see many blizzards in the showroom this year and likely more peeps crowding around them to get a look at trail side over the top of the line XRS…

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Same boat for me don’t wanna run a 1.5 track and don’t mind wrenching so I’m either going with an 1.25 rip2 and studding it or an ice attack xt 1.22. Will put ripsaw back on when I trade it in

·
Registered
2,226 Posts

In Canada it is a $600 option to get the ice track, I didn’t order it as will be trying either a storm 150 or going with the tried and true rip2 I’ve run for years. I’ll need to install the front tunnel protectors but that is still cheaper than the $600 up charge and I won’t get $600 more for the take off tracks regardless

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Man, I am not a fan of the new G5 body style. The G4 looks like a muscle car and this just looks dopey to me...maybe I will like it better in person. The windshield is also kind of useless looking as well. Not impressed so far.
I do like the addition of LED lights but they better work good.
Most said same thing when g4 came out.

·
Registered
26,694 Posts
Can anyone tell from the Blizzard pics, is that the stock bumper? Looks like maybe the cast one. And does that demo model have just a skid plate or a skid plate and something else?
Here's a couple I snapped of the blizzard. Hope it helps.

Sent from a Galaxy (S10) far, far away

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I realize this is a G5 thread but did they have the 2023 Blizzard 600R on display that you have pictures of? Your pictures look so much better than Skidoo's. LOL. I'm trying to decided between between the 600R and 850. I'd like to see the 2023 Blizzard in the 600R.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I realize this is a G5 thread but did they have the 2023 Blizzard 600R on display that you have pictures of? Your pictures look so much better than Skidoo's. LOL. I'm trying to decided between between the 600R and 850. I'd like to see the 2023 Blizzard in the 600R.
I'm frustrated that they dont have the G4s at the shows. Once again, I think us 600 guys are annoying to BRP.

Regardless, I ordered the Blizzard 600R in neo yellow. The yellow in all these tour pics looks much better than on the website. Thanks all!

I was considering black because it looked like it had matte plastics and even some grey notes on the website builder. However, some folks are saying it is gloss black as usual. Might actually be a cool black but I decided just to go bold with the yellow.

·
Registered
26,694 Posts
That was the only Blizzard on display.

·
Registered
26,694 Posts
I'm frustrated that they dont have the G4s at the shows. Once again, I think us 600 guys are annoying to BRP.

Regardless, I ordered the Blizzard 600R in neo yellow. The yellow in all these tour pics looks much better than on the website. Thanks all!

I was considering black because it looked like it had matte plastics and even some grey notes on the website builder. However, some folks are saying it is gloss black as usual. Might actually be a cool black but I decided just to go bold with the yellow.
The yellow tunnel looks identical to my 14 XRS. First thing I noticed.

Reactions: DooDown87

·
Registered
2024 Ski-Doo Renegade X-RS 900 ACE Turbo RR REV Gen5 (wide-design) with Competition Package
1,136 Posts
61 - 80 of 114 Posts