Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
i walk out of my room in Boulder Junction WI. 1-30-16 and my tail lamp is hanging out.
the thief took my rubber grommets that hold the lamp in. i went to the local hardware store and bought some strip caulk to hold it in so it didnt kill my weekend.
i hope the thief is on this site and your sled burns down and a bear kills you slowly.

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
Thats an odd theft. How much of a value is that ???

Reactions: Fadmon30

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
That's a pretty desperate piece to steal. You don't think an animal could be to blame? Or maybe the night prior you rode so hard that it fell out along the trail?

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
i hope the thief is on this site and your sled burns down and a bear kills you slowly.
I hope the thief is not on this site. You can still wish that he is punished. We get it.

I do hope that the thief realizes what a dirt bag he is for doing that to a doo brother.

Could have been worse.

Here is an anti-theft idea. Harbor Freight sells a "Wireless Security Alert System" for around $12. What if you put one under the sled cover. I am not sure if the wind would trigger it or not, but guaranteed, if that cover comes off, you will get an alarm. I keep two in my garage and they work very well for such a simple and inexpensive thing.

·
Registered
378 Posts
the sled was unloaded from the trailer and parked not even ridden this year. was my first ride that morning
im thinking they couldnt use there brain like i did to make it work. 20 dollars for replacement with shipping
someone else had a seat taken

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
the sled was unloaded from the trailer and parked not even ridden this year. was my first ride that morning
im thinking they couldnt use there brain like i did to make it work. 20 dollars for replacement with shipping
someone else had a seat taken
Sorry to hear the bad news ....that sucks hopefully he'll get his.....I think about this all the time when Im out and I always park the sleds were I can see them ....its way to easy to take off a doo seat.....atleast with my cat they have to take out a bolt and remove my back tunnel bag first to get to it.....I wish my doo seat bolted dowm as well.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I would consider yourself lucky that is all that got stolen....Think of the replacement cost of all the things that are easily removed...seat, body panels, spare belt, etc.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Just be glad it was only grommits.. my buddy about 2 weeks ago scored a "mint" 2008 shredded summit seat in place of his 2016 summit x seat. Saying he was excited is an understatement!!

·
Registered
648 Posts
I try to park my sleds where I can see them to. It's the same low life scum that we get telemarketer call from by unfamiliar phone numbers all of the time, plus the maggots that scam on Craigslist and other advertising places

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I try to park my sleds where I can see them to. It's the same low life scum that we get telemarketer call from by unfamiliar phone numbers all of the time, plus the maggots that scam on Craigslist and other advertising places
Hey now... I take offence to that Craigslist comment... Just kidding.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
When we where at togwotee we one of the polaris sleds in our group had its oil cap stolen. Made quiet a mess when we rolled the sled down a hill a few feet.

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
I would consider yourself lucky that is all that got stolen....Think of the replacement cost of all the things that are easily removed...seat, body panels, spare belt, etc.
I wonder how many seats get taken a year...

·
Armchair Interweb Coach
102,565 Posts
Seat
Front shocks
Spare belt
Primary
Hood
Doors

All can be taken off by one person in less than 10 minutes

Be lucky ya really didn't get robbed

Keep the sleds in the trailers over night fellas, it is sad to see who will take things to make a buck or are to broke to afford parts for themselves

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Caught someone in Midland ontario area last season about to walk away with my linq bag, as I was grabing a bite and was watching through window. Luckily I caught him as he just pulled it off and about to walk off with it. I just beat the crap out of him. No questions asked. Few of his pals attempted to come to his aide, but group I was with prevented that. I think he lost 2 teeth as result and a bloody face. His final words before his friends and himself drove off "it was just a bag man".
You're lucky you didn't get charged the law hates it when you take it into your own hands. I was charged with mischief on my own property years back and the trespasser got off the trespass charge.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Seat
Front shocks
Spare belt
Primary
Hood
Doors

All can be taken off by one person in less than 10 minutes

Keep the sleds in the trailers over night fellas, it is sad to see who will take things to make a buck or are to broke to afford parts for themselves
Actually it would take half that time.

The trailer is fine for overnight, but what happens when you're on a lunch break and some decides they need a better seat for the way home?

·
Registered
635 Posts
and yet when you have something you don't care about, and stick it in front of your house with a "free" sign on it....it'll sit there for weeks until you're forced to get rid of it yourself.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts