Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

to make a long story short, I was going to buy an 04 gsx 600ho. but that didnt work out. when i was on this site researching that sled, many people said the 03 and 04 motors had a ring problem.

I just found an 03 legend 600 in mint condition with 1100 miles. my question is what engines in 2003 had the bad rings? was it all the motors or just the new ho and sdi motors. i know in 2003 all the mxz's and mxz revs had the new 600 ho motor, but the 03 legends had the series 3 600 motors. Does the series 3 600 that came in the legend have the same ring problems or is it just the new 600 motors that they put in the other models that year?

thanks guys.

·
Registered
6,475 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
thanks for the link, but the article only mentions problems with the 700 and 800 series 3s and the 600ho. It doesnt mention anything about the standard 600, which is the one that I most concerned about. does that mean that i dont have to worry about it then?
the standard 600 is suposed to be one of the most "bullet proof" motors Doo ever made. i asked a similar question before i bought my 02 MXZ 600 a few months ago. mine has 3700 on it and has no issues i can find yet. good power and it runs good and doesn't run hot.i would just snap the Legend up. these sleds semm to be reliable and fun.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the standard 600 is suposed to be one of the most "bullet proof" motors Doo ever made. i asked a similar question before i bought my 02 MXZ 600 a few months ago. mine has 3700 on it and has no issues i can find yet. good power and it runs good and doesn't run hot.i would just snap the Legend up. these sleds semm to be reliable and fun.
thanks for the input,

yes thats what i heard too, i hear most people say that the 2002 600's were excellent motors, i just wasnt sure if the 2003 600 was the exact same motor as the previous years (2000, 2001, and 2002). if all the years are the same, then i probably dont have anything to worry about.

if anybody else can verify for sure that the 02 and 03 600s were the same, please let me know. thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts