Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always owned Arctic Cat. Recently I decided to sell my cats and buy some ski-doo's. I have a 2005 MXZX 440 on the way to race in March. In the meantime, I have to race my 05 Cat. I need to know if anyone can help me find out where to purchase race clothes and nice coats like Team Arctic Cat Race department has? I did not get accepted by the race dept. and don't know of any other way to get the clothes. I always try to have the best jacket and pants for the trail too. Money is no option when it comes to looking good and staying warm. I also am looking for a nice trail sled. My current trail sled is a Arctic Cat F5 Firecat. Anyway, I don't know what sled would be best for me. I want a liquid cooled 500 or 600cc and I would like it to feel like the MXZX440 platform, etc. I am a small woman. I am 5'5" and about 95lbs. Thank you for any information.

·
E-Tec Rules
34,783 Posts

2005 500ss or 600ho

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
The 05 500ss has SC3. It's also a good sled choice, but you might have to do some setting up to get it to hook up good for you. They like to spin, stock (from what I've seen), I suspect it would be worse with a lightweight pilot.
Your Doo dealer should be able to set you up with clothes and stuff, but some of the race stuff is Coldwave, I think. Check out Ebay under Ski-Doo to at least see what's out there. You'd better be sure about sizing before buying any clothing thru Ebay though.
Welcome!

·
Monosodium Glutamate
2,663 Posts
Thank you for leaving the dark side Luke. Use the force and buy some cold wave gear. Blair Morgan, whome I'm sure you have heard of, has a nice selection of race gear.

Chock one up for the good guys.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your suggestions. Now ns503, can you tell me how to cure the track spin thingy? I have had this problem on both of my 04 and 05 snopro's. I just figured it's because of the longer track versus my light weight. Is this true or is it a clutching, etc. problem. I always just race my sleds right the way they are from the factory.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SkiDooman56 said:
a woman racer, sounds hot to me, u by the duluth superior area??? or ashland? come by and try on my jacket;) and ride my rev
[snapback]284980[/snapback]​
I'm from Northern Indiana. I wish I were by the duluth area. Oh well, I have to be where my occupation is.

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
try doo gear, I have not found anything better~!

to be honest I am not at all brand loyal and did not want everything I own to say DOO! but I looked around and they have the best stuff from socks to underwear to outterwear! expensive but worth every penny!

check out the high-pants with the padding built into the knees, the only way to fly!

·
Crazy Person
5,618 Posts
500ss is the way to go.

skimp369 said:
after 4,000 miles the oil seals on both sides went out...
[snapback]284819[/snapback]​
The oil seals? What's that?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.