Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it bad to turn my heated carburetor valve off in -35 c weather? My Ski doo mxz sport 600 keeps over heating,any suggestions?
Ps. Its been around -15 to -40 for the past few weeks, and it still over heats ridin on the roads.

·
Registered
460 Posts
My sleds been overheating in the same temps.

Trails here are really packed down and the snow is hard to get to stir up to the coolers....it's cold smoke! Riding harder and faster works to keep it cooler for my conditions but if stuck on the roads you're just gonna need to hit the shoulders/ditches/windrows.

One thing you can check is any obstructions of ice between the cooler and track.

Or, try some scratchers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My sleds been overheating in the same temps.
Trails here are really packed down and the snow is hard to get to stir up to the coolers....it's cold smoke! Riding harder and faster works to keep it cooler for my conditions but if stuck on the roads you're just gonna need to hit the shoulders/ditches/windrows.
One thing you can check is any obstructions of ice between the cooler and track.
Or, try some scratchers.
Yeah really packed down trails here too, where can I locate the cooler? I will try that, thanks!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Overheating may also be caused by airleaks to the engine or poor fuel mixture. Indication for that is usually white sparkplugs aaand overheating:) usually air leaks in trough crankshaft sealings or the rubber hoses connecting carbs to the engine. These rubber hoses should not be inspected without removeing them because the problem may also be oxidation on carbs and engine where these hoses sit on.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Is your snowflap in good shape. If it is trimmed or missing it won't catch the snow from behind the track and direct itup to the exchangers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts