Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I had my doubts about this new glove box on my xm and they were confirmed last weekend when I wrecked my new I phone. yes it is nice to have space to put things when you go riding but the new glove box (mine has an extension which might be the problem but is required in order to have a gps you can see) is far from water resistant I pulled my phone out in the center of a block of snow and ice along with my wet smokes lighter and trail map so good idea to all, use a ziplock or just keep things in your pocket!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just a little FYI on the glove box with or without extension. If any one has popped out the gauge or removed the light pod from airbox you will see it is not a waterproof box. From water and snow above I believe it flows over or runs off. The box underneath is only formed and folded plastic. It fits loosely over the headlight grommets and both sides are just an open seam up the back side which will allow snow dust, dirt, cat tail fuzz etc into the box. I am pretty sure it was never stated it was a waterproof compartment. Put your valuables in a baggie or zip lock! Its a nice addition, but like all compartments on snowmobiles or atv/utv you should always use caution and store your stuff in a waterproof bag !

·
I'm Dooing It
3,966 Posts
Ok so what was it then the box is supposed to be waterproof and mine was fill of ice and snow so u tell me
I haven't read anywhere (this year or last year) that the glove box was waterproof. They did say "heated" but we know that is relative (it is warmer than the rear storage but the only "heat" that is there is from the motor and most of that goes out the venting).

Heavy duty zip lock bags or proper containers for things that you don't want wet (toilet paper, cigarettes, cameras, phones, lighters, matches) whether they be stored on the sled or in a back pack!

Been that way since the beginning of time....... :biggrin_old:

·
Registered
611 Posts
I bought a dry bag designed for kayaking a couple years back. They have them in a few different sizes. You just fill the bag then roll the top flap a few times and buckle it shut. I know it is a bit off topic but I have found it to be money well spent. Much more rugged then a ziploc bag!

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
Put your phone in a bag of rice for a day and that will draw the moisture out of the phone.
Never trust something on a sled that is said to be water proof until you have tested and verified that it is. I always keep items in a ziplock etc even in waterproof compartments unless I have fully tested an know they 100% waterproof in all conditions. My xperience

1 - 10 of 10 Posts