Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Watched the first episode this morning since I didn't make it to Hay Days to see it there. I thought it was actually pretty good! Hate that I have to wait two more weeks to finish it... But I think it was a really cool idea from Doo.

And I feel bad for the two guys who aren't pro riders. Riding on a mountain is not something that's easy to pick up first try. I'm sure being skiers and snowboarders that they have ridden a sled in the mountains before, but that doesn't mean you're going to be riding through the trees with Doo riders.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I watched it too. Although I don't think they are as alone and desolate as they may portray, I think it's a pretty cool concept for an action/adventure reality event . I love the suspense they create with the threat of a snow storm and night fall approaching. Having ridden in a storm at night, it sure can be a scary situation to be in.

Reactions: gen1xrs

·
Stupid Hurts!!!!!!
3,179 Posts
They only need to ask the camera people for directions....

I thought it was well scripted and the videography was well edited. Love to ride that area in the daytime. Being a flat lander myself, I love the Mountain View's and quality and quantity of the snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
Agreed with everything said so far; it’s definitely not easy to learn mountain riding on the fly, even with limited off trail experience. Some of the comments on YouTube challenge my faith in humanity; even with this video, as it seems people can’t just take something like this for entertainment value and stop picking it apart. I enjoyed the 1st video and am looking forward to the others.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
They only need to ask the camera people for directions.... :rofl

Reactions: MotoXR

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
From what I could see after watching it a couple times, they didn't use many 'camera people' to make this video. Looked like the majority of it - maybe 80% - was shot from sled mounted GoPro's, and drone mounted cameras. Although some of the shots at the different "challenge" locations looked to have been made with a hand held camera by someone other than the 5 riders.

And 'pro rider' or not, riding in the mountains at night is definitely no joke, let alone with a serious storm threatening. I think I would have been putting together some sort of a shelter and hunkering down for the night.

Anyway, I thought it was pretty well done. Interested to see what happens in the next episode. Definitely has me looking forward to riding again up on my own escape mountain in a few months...

DSC_0321.JPG

Attachments

Reactions: pwrplay

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Whats with the skiiers?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
Watched episode 2 last night. I didn't find it as good as episode 1. Not enough riding and suspense this time. The most suspense was how were they ever going to split 2 steaks 5 ways :rolleyes: .

I love the description given to Tony Jenkins " A boy trapped in a grown up's body. LOL". I thought it was lame that Tony just kicked the lock off the last fridge. They should have made him try to solve the puzzle.

I hope Episode 3 is better but its still fun to watch.

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,327 Posts
Watched episode 2 last night. I didn't find it as good as episode 1. Not enough riding and suspense this time. The most suspense was how were they ever going to split 2 steaks 5 ways :rolleyes: .

I love the description given to Tony Jenkins " A boy trapped in a grown up's body. LOL". I thought it was lame that Tony just kicked the lock off the last fridge. They should have made him try to solve the puzzle.

I hope Episode 3 is better but its still fun to watch.
Why the fire outside and not inside to keep warm ?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Why the fire outside and not inside to keep warm ?
Ya thats a good question. I guess it looks better for the camera.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I liked how he kicked the lock open actually haha kind of shows that they aren't really there telling them every move to do. I'm sure they didn't plan on him breaking the lock to get in and would have told him he had to solve the puzzle. But they just let them do what they were doing. It wasn't as good as the first, but still entertaining for a Friday morning. Anything on snow gets me going this time of year.

Also, saw this video come up after Episode 2 was done.. Thought it was pretty funny. I like how Doo is putting out content like this. Definitely not expected or needed, but appreciated. I don't see any other brands really doing things like this.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
I thought it was a lame show. Nice scenery and sleds and that's about it.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I loved the sleds and footage. More or less everyday riding in our area of the mountains. Even being a rider, it was not that enjoyable to watch. I think its unique that Skidoo is making content like this but its obvious they are not good at it.. yet.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Sorry to say, I liked it, a lot better than watching anything on tv like baseball, golf and etc,

Reactions: lobster and cr500r
1 - 20 of 38 Posts