Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With this slider issue I feel I've been the voice of negativity so I decided to start something positive.
How about those custom sleds!? Custom sleds similar to custom bikes, I like the idea.
Wouldn't mind seeing a show about building them like OCC. What do you guys think, too much flash or just what the sport needs. Could open up an entirely new market for snowmobiles. I like the originality and the personality customizing brings to a sled. When can I spring check one?

·
Doo Pilot
1,962 Posts
I don't think you could spring chk one !
But there is alot of custom building going on right now !
I just read a post the other day about some place that does that
Rich

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree 100%!! Like if you look at the chopper story, I didnt ever even see one let alone HEAR OF ONE!! Before those shows came out!Now I am very into choppers!!, So just imagine all the new custom parts and cool stuff there would be if there was a show, know what I mean? All it needs is a little exposure to all of them thinkers out there and we would have some pretty cool stuff...

·
D17
644 Posts
HEY DID you see Snowmobile TV's version of PIMP MY RIDE. it was a little weak in my mind, but its a start.
i was thinking of something along those lines of customizing also, thats why i put together my website, to try and get something rolling. i tried forever to try and find info on customizung sleds, but alot of people are into engine customizing. i think thats where this sport is at right now. but looking around this site everyone is trying to make their sled unique in some way. right now with a lil girl on the way my budget took a screeching halt for a minute. but i plan on doing some cool stuff this summer. i work for custom stainless steel fab shop, so i have access to just about any machine- press, break, welder, lathe, mill or whatever.
i just need t ostart getting some ideas together.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
djlamp17 said:
HEY DID you see Snowmobile TV's version of PIMP MY RIDE. it was a little weak in my mind, but its a start.
i was thinking of something along those lines of customizing also, thats why i put together my website, to try and get something rolling. i tried forever to try and find info on customizung sleds, but alot of people are into engine customizing. i think thats where this sport is at right now. but looking around this site everyone is trying to make their sled unique in some way. right now with a lil girl on the way my budget took a screeching halt for a minute. but i plan on doing some cool stuff this summer. i work for custom stainless steel fab shop, so i have access to just about any machine- press, break, welder, lathe, mill or whatever.
i just need t ostart getting some ideas together.
[snapback]277392[/snapback]​
I missed that one but that is the kind of thing I would love to see. Custom from ground up. Modified chassis, engine mods., NOS, special paint and graphics, anodizing aluminum, all the trick aftermarket gear. Sky is the limit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.