Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer tells me that the following parts are on back order for my 04' Rev X SDI...
X Package Bars, Steering Post, and Hi-Fax

I tried using Pro-Taper Motocross bars (standard 7/8" w/ bar pad) but there is not enough room for all the controls on each side, and with the X-Riser the Brake cable is just too short.

Can anyone suggets a dealer that may have these bars and steering post in inventory, or where I can pick these parts up? I might try a set of FLY bars, but I really need the steering post...

Thanks in advance!

VT_RevX

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
For the post, go with the 440 steering post. It will be 2" higher and this way you can use lower riser or just mount in lower hole in column... These posts are in stock

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
prorevpilot said:
For the post, go with the 440 steering post. It will be 2" higher and this way you can use lower riser or just mount in lower hole in column... These posts are in stock
[snapback]284407[/snapback]​
Thanks for the input, after taking out the bent steering post it does not look like there is a lower mounting hole (2nd position) on my X package for the column. It looks like I would need to drill new holes.
What are my options for extending the brake line (price / part number), do the 440 sleds have logner brake lines on them? I would like to go with the 440 steering post (2 inches higher) and still use my X riser, should give me around 6 inches total. I do not see many options for rerouting the brake line to try and make it work as is.

I'm guessing that you can't get heated grips on the 440 bars w/ the bends, any options? What bars come w/ the "440 X bar package" I hate to spend $260 on the kit if all I need are the bars and the steering post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts