Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
121 - 140 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
Not surprising at all.
it’s a business, not a picnic.
makes the demand for an inexpensive ‘sport’ type sled even higher as far as I’m concerned.
Sell me a brand new, xp sport, 6 grand, or even a brand new ZX chassis sled for 5 grand.
dreamin I guess.

·
On Thin Ice with Steve
39,559 Posts
Not surprising at all.
it’s a business, not a picnic.
makes the demand for an inexpensive ‘sport’ type sled even higher as far as I’m concerned.
Sell me a brand new, xp sport, 6 grand, or even a brand new ZX chassis sled for 5 grand.
dreamin I guess.
Zx with a 600 ace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
18,654 Posts
Little story.. I need a new trailer. I sold my previous one in April and never bothered to buy anything. Just too busy to care. All I hear is “better get it now” etc as if it’s still last year.. That’s not what I’m seeing at all. Trailers at dealers I looked at in April are all still there!

I’m guessing people feeling the same as me. Sure I got the cash, but why is a trailer that was $4500 new two years ago worth $7500 new now? It’s not!

I’m pretty lazy with my spending lately. If it bites me in the azz oh well, I’ll live and move on. If I have to I’ll ride only from my house when conditions are good and rent a sled other places. I’m so over the blow money everywhere bs.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Little story.. I need a new trailer. I sold my previous one in April and never bothered to buy anything. Just too busy to care. All I hear is “better get it now” etc as if it’s still last year.. That’s not what I’m seeing at all. Trailers at dealers I looked at in April are all still there!

I’m guessing people feeling the same as me. Sure I got the cash, but why is a trailer that was $4500 new two years ago worth $7500 new now? It’s not!

I’m pretty lazy with my spending lately. If it bites me in the azz oh well, I’ll live and move on. If I have to I’ll ride only from my house when conditions are good and rent a sled other places. I’m so over the blow money everywhere bs.
How much does it cost to rent a sled? Do the numbers work that a $2-$3k difference is more than renting a sled over the next few seasons?

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
but why is a trailer that was $4500 new two years ago worth $7500 new now?
Because the price of aluminum and nearly everything else (steel, lumber, tires, etc.) went through the roof. Not to mention labor costs also went up as well.

And trailer dealers are not willing to sell something, carry the inventory and inventory costs, only to sell them at a loss.

In 2013, I bought a brand new 2012 Triton TC-167 trailer for $5,000. Last Fall, a friend bought a brand new 2022 Triton TC-167 trailer for $11,000. Build, Back, ...... Broke!!!

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
How much does it cost to rent a sled? Do the numbers work that a $2-$3k difference is more than renting a sled over the next few seasons?
Renting is a "hit or miss" option. Not many places to rent, some have tough restrictions, and you can't get the machine outfitted the way you want. I did it for a few years, as I was in school and had a car...Only went once a year.

·
Super Moderator
31,779 Posts

I'm spending less too, but somewhat for a different reason. It's crazy how easy it is NOT to spend money now I'm retired. The inflated prices just make it that much easier.

·
Super Moderator
18,654 Posts
Because the price of aluminum and nearly everything else (steel, lumber, tires, etc.) went through the roof. Not to mention labor costs also went up as well.

And trailer dealers are not willing to sell something, carry the inventory and inventory costs, only to sell them at a loss.

In 2013, I bought a brand new 2012 Triton TC-167 trailer for $5,000. Last Fall, a friend bought a brand new 2022 Triton TC-167 trailer for $11,000. Build, Back, ...... Broke!!!
I mean no disrespect and mean this is a funny way, but NO DUH! Everyone knows all the above. I mean don’t live under a rock 😂! LOL!

Anyhow, the problem to me is the build quality is junk, they have cheapened them out as much as possible and have what must be blind people building these things for all companies. I have looked at over 200 miles of trailer dealers in NYS in the last two weeks and yet to find one NOT ONE trailer BRAND NEW that doesn’t have big defects from the build process. Looked at Nitros, Tritons, snopro/alcom etc and they ALL have big flaws. Crooked doors, seals that don’t seal, warped front and side doors you can see right outside from while closed, lights and wiring half hanging out, tritons back to painted axles that are already very very rusty, messy or missing caulk, corroded cheap aluminum, peeling side panels, doors that barely operate properly, chinas finest plywood, screws, mats and guides etc.. I can go on and on. They aren’t worth the used prices brand new now.

At this point I don’t know what I’ll do. But my last post was meant as a ranting joke. But now I think it’s reality 😂 LOL!

Bottom line is if they are going to charge what they “have“ to, the quality has to go way up or they aren’t worth the price. Period.

BTW the tritons are the worst by far. Must be they sent the hybrids to Alcom last winter cause they are the worst I’ve ever seen.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Anyhow, the problem to me is the build quality is junk, they have cheapened them out as much as possible and have what must be blind people building these things for all companies.
Imbeciles and bums are the only ones applying for work at the moment, as new hires. I haven't interviewed anything but imbeciles for two years, right now I'd take a bum. Hope it's not a permanent situation, but I hope I win the lottery too.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I mean no disrespect and mean this is a funny way, but NO DUH! Everyone knows all the above. I mean don’t live under a rock 😂! LOL!

Anyhow, the problem to me is the build quality is junk, they have cheapened them out as much as possible and have what must be blind people building these things for all companies. I have looked at over 200 miles of trailer dealers in NYS in the last two weeks and yet to find one NOT ONE trailer BRAND NEW that doesn’t have big defects from the build process. Looked at Nitros, Tritons, snopro/alcom etc and they ALL have big flaws. Crooked doors, seals that don’t seal, warped front and side doors you can see right outside from while closed, lights and wiring half hanging out, tritons back to painted axles that are already very very rusty, messy or missing caulk, corroded cheap aluminum, peeling side panels, doors that barely operate properly, chinas finest plywood, screws, mats and guides etc.. I can go on and on. They aren’t worth the used prices brand new now.

At this point I don’t know what I’ll do. But my last post was meant as a ranting joke. But now I think it’s reality 😂 LOL!

Bottom line is if they are going to charge what they “have“ to, the quality has to go way up or they aren’t worth the price. Period.

BTW the tritons are the worst by far. Must be they sent the hybrids to Alcom last winter cause they are the worst I’ve ever seen.
No trailer is perfect,but Pro Line trailers from New Hampshire seems to have more consistent quality.The owners have given positive reviews

·
Super Moderator
31,779 Posts
My NEO has been excellent, but it was also built pre-plannedemic.

Funny though when I was shopping I also stoped at the Blizzard factory. The owner told me she couldn't get anybody except bums and addicts to work. She went on enough about how bad it was I never even bothered to price one out. She completely talked me out of anything they built.

·
Super Moderator
18,654 Posts
No trailer is perfect,but Pro Line trailers from New Hampshire seems to have more consistent quality.The owners have given positive reviews
I am on my second Proline. Not perfect but really good.
This is exactly where I am currently leaning. That factory is about 5 hours from me. I have been avoiding it because I’m afraid to waste an entire day to find another sub par trailer. A local dealer has a used 2020 proline inline I was going to buy. But my camp is on a dead end dirt road and in the winter I won’t be able to turn around and that’s where I ride from. So I have to stay hybrid

My NEO has been excellent, but it was also built pre-plannedemic.

Funny though when I was shopping I also stoped at the Blizzard factory. The owner told me she couldn't get anybody except bums and addicts to work. She went on enough about how bad it was I never even bothered to price one out. She completely talked me out of anything they built.
I’m not allowed to buy her product since about 2010😂!

·
Registered
22 900r adr
1,472 Posts

Its not all doom and gloom. So many companies complaining of cost of this and that, and in the same breath bring in record profits. BRP is no different crying victim to current circumstances and after all said and done, show record profits. Kind of a slap in the face when you think about it.
It's nice to see some companies making record profits, but have to admit there is a bit of deceit.

Dan

·
Super Moderator
18,654 Posts
Its not all doom and gloom. So many companies complaining of cost of this and that, and in the same breath bring in record profits. BRP is no different crying victim to current circumstances and after all said and done, show record profits. Kind of a slap in the face when you think about it.
It's nice to see some companies making record profits, but have to admit there is a bit of deceit.

Dan
Yep. Plus, it’s the same for the dealers. The same trailer ranges from 6995-7995 with zero differences from dealer to dealer. Some are definitely gouging the customer.

Bottom line is, people are not going to pay record high prices for sub par junk for long. The reasons don’t really matter in the end.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
Yup, some companies are gouging us for sure. Here's an example:

Exxon, Chevron post blockbuster profits on oil price boom
As soaring pump prices rattled consumers, the U.S. energy giants saw their second-quarter earnings nearly triple

·
Prospect
772 Posts
cut from a CBC article.... so ya think this is a problem...

UN chief recently criticized energy companies for 'grotesque greed'

On Wednesday, Guterres said the world's top energy companies made $100 billion in the first quarter of this year and that those profits should be taxed and then used to support the most vulnerable people through difficult times.

The day after Guterres' comments — in which he did not single out any company — Suncor Energy Inc. reported earnings of $3.99 billion in the second quarter of 2022, more than four and a half times the $868 million it earned in the same period of 2021.

121 - 140 of 155 Posts