Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
101 - 120 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
I believe the covid-era pricing is starting to come down. Look at the number of sleds on FB, it's gotta be a record for May. Lot of supply, not much demand. Yes it's off-season but last week I listed a jetski and I've only gotten 1 offer so far (lowball offer). Last year it would have been sold by now. Seen some good prices on kids' dirtbikes recently too. Just picked up a mint DRZ50 for my son, half-price of new, and the listing was over a week old. Last year people were asking more than new for these small bikes.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Don’t worry. The end is very near and soon they will be back to giving them away. In the end the rush to buy will be greatly overcome by the rush the save due to massive rising costs per household. When it comes down to it, powersports is about the last on many lists of needed purchases. When times are tough, they won’t sell.
You make some good points.

However, there are a fair number of people who work hard and are frugal and live to play. Those people, myself included, believe that the hard work entitles us to our "toys." So, even with rising prices there will be a solid core of people who sacrifice to doo the things they love.

·
Super Moderator
18,654 Posts
You make some good points.

However, there are a fair number of people who work hard and are frugal and live to play. Those people, myself included, believe that the hard work entitles us to our "toys." So, even with rising prices there will be a solid core of people who sacrifice to doo the things they love.
Yep, I’m the same way. But we were buying like this back when they were well stocked and giving them away at deals before. Guys like us kept them going. Newbies excited to try a new sport is where the boom came from.
Then figure, how much will the market flood with nearly new used for cheap? Why by new then.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Don’t worry. The end is very near and soon they will be back to giving them away. In the end the rush to buy will be greatly overcome by the rush the save due to massive rising costs per household. When it comes down to it, powersports is about the last on many lists of needed purchases. When times are tough, they won’t sell.
I agree. My BRP dealer and I have been best buds for 20+ years. We both agree that the days of full list + freight + pdi + admin etc... are coming to an end. He figures that MY24 will be back to "normal" and sleds will be discounted heavily to keep inventory turning. He is already having guys cancelling their Seadoo orders every week and although he is still re-selling them, it is taking a lot more calls to customers saying that he has a machine available than it did last summer.

There are a lot of used sleds sitting on marketplace right now that are not selling. Last year at this time you could get top dollar for a used sled in May/June no problem.

·
Super Moderator
31,777 Posts
I just read where the housing market is starting to tank. Has the first domino fallen?

I'm thinking if it hasn't fallen it sure is starting to tip.

·
Super Moderator
18,654 Posts
I just read where the housing market is starting to tank. Has the first domino fallen?

I'm thinking if it hasn't fallen it sure is starting to tip.
It’s a No brainer there’s an end in sight. We all see and feel what this new economy is doing to our wallets and it ain’t good.

The only reason we have made it this far and kept buying was because of Covid.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
From Ski Doo's website today:

For those who haven't pre-ordered, we will be adjusting pricing for MY23 snowmobiles. We know you probably weren’t expecting this, and we apologize for the change. As you are aware, pricing has increased for many products and industries around the world and powersports is no exception. BRP has explored various ways to accommodate the disruptions while maintaining the demand through the way we source materials, transport our parts and vehicles and assemble our units. We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you updated. Please note: These pricing adjustments only affect in-season models purchased on May 4, 2022 and after. Additionally, there will be no pricing impact on the youth MXZ 120/200 models and the entry level models MXZ and Summit Neo/Neo+. There will still remain a temporary commodity surcharge in addition to the adjusted price.
============================

Their just Pricing themselves out of Business. In 1971 there were about 4 Billion People and the Snowmobile Industry Sold 586,500 Snowmobiles, In 2016 they Sold 186,500 with almost 8 Billion People. RMZ in Russia sells a 550F for around $1600 Retail, and a 503F for around $1,250, a 250 22hp Single for $850. It's just Corporate Greed that is sending them down the Rat Hole.

Labor Cost and Material Cost hasn't risen more than Avg 3% a year to keep up with Inflation. CEO & upper Management Wages have risen 1400%. Many Power Sports Dealers who Sell their Products are going out of Business.

There are around 225 Countries in the World, how many have Snow and how many of these 5 Brands actually sell to? We have Grass Racers, so even more people can use one. People ride them on the Water also.

·
Registered
2022 Turbo Freeride 165
465 Posts
ordered brp accessories in may of last year for my snowcheck and they came in about 6 months later. ordered this year in april and haven't heard anything from the dealer so it'll prolly be the same story.

·
Registered
356 Posts
With Smart Shox you will be saying what rough trails.
You buy this? This is another in a long line of "smart shocks". They were all failures - oh, they worked when new but most have long been replaced with a standard shock. Let me know what you think of your smart shock after you see the bill for your first service.

JK

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
You buy this? This is another in a long line of "smart shocks". They were all failures - oh, they worked when new but most have long been replaced with a standard shock. Let me know what you think of your smart shock after you see the bill for your first service.

JK
Hmmm, how about some supporting evidence of this statement.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The most "famous" version was the Arctic Cat SS shock. It monitored shock shaft velocity (as I suspect the SD version does also) - the problem with that is you have already hit the bump - then it reacts, yep, I get it, something is better than nothing but these shocks live in the most miserable environment know - my rule of thumb is to never have a wire or a hose go to a shock. It will get ripped off. Check with any shock shop, those items are major money makers. I think for most riders if you dial in the spring rate and then the compression - leave it and ride it.

Most skid frames lack the most basic of maintenance - meaning bent parts and dry pivots are the norm - so what good does a fancy shock do then? Those AC SS shocks? Most have been replaced as parts are not available or the electronics have failed.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I have 2 Enduro's. Both have stock air ride shocks in them. over 10,000 miles on one and over 6,000 on the other one.

So far I have only replaced one air line, It had a crack around 9,000 miles, and did the check valve just because.

No issues at all other than that.

101 - 120 of 155 Posts