REV platform DNA designed for playing in meadows, cruising through powder, even
doing basic tricks. It will have an aggressive price so people can try
snowmobiling without a significant investment."

Read Full Press Release...

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Very nice.

After watching core snowmobile buyers get older each year, the Ski-Doo ® marketing,design and engineering team set out to create a snowmobile to capture the imagination of young adults. For years, the industry has toyed with the idea of a "tweener" sled, or a vehicle between the Mini Z™ and MX Z® Fan. Now, Ski-Doo is the first to deliver it.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Remember, when Yamaha sold a TON of 250 Bravos?

This market segment has been ignored for a long time.

Since SkiDoo is the only one to offer anything in this market segment, they will bring even more buyers over from the other 3 brands. And if the quality is good, these new buyers will likely stay with SkiDoo for their next purchase.

I bet this thing is a blast on a tight trail, for even a full size adult.

If the price is right (<$3,000 US) they will sell a ton. Long term, it may be to their advantage to sell these at cost, just to attract new customers. And make your money on related clothing and accessories (boy-racer "X" kits).

Just think of a Jr. Sno-X series based on this machine, alone.

Kudos to SkiDoo!!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
LOVE it!! Was thinking I'd have to give in and pay the ridiculous price all the crooks are asking for their snowscoots in a year or two when the kids are too big for the 120, this is exactly what the industry was needing. It will be particularily safer for the kids in snowcross who are too old for the 120 classes and are forced to race the full size 440's which are really too big and heavy for them. Fantastic move Ski-doo, only thing I would wish for is a little less weight and a modern four stroke motor.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Man! Kinda like falling out of the ugly tree and hitting every branch on the way down. I think it is a cool concept, but I question the marketing. The front ends looks way weak, single A-arm front suspension. How can they say it will be for kids jumping it and making their own videos?

I do like the 32" ski stance. Drop a 550 fan cooled twin in that sled with a 136 paddle and it would be a fun woods machine. 370lbs might sound heavy but if you know anything about sleds you will realize that is feather light.

·
E-Tec Rules
34,766 Posts

NO

it looks like the polaris 440!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Canuck 800 said:
Agreed. Price it under $3000 U.S. and introduce a whole new segment to sledding.
[snapback]267421[/snapback]​
I seriously doubt the price tag will come in close to $3000 U.S. I'm sure it will be in the $4000 U.S. range. The 120 is $ 1995.00 This is much more than a $1000 upgrade. Would be nice if it was only $3000 though.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.