Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Polaris XLT SKS
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
there are 8 models of lynx next year and 1 model of ev in each product from brp and they have something new coming from brp not sure but only a few dealers are getting what ever it is
I can’t wait to see what doo has for 23! I hope that new thing is a 2 stroke 670, 700 or 750 twin! Maybe down the road I’ll see about test driving the EV.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Electric sleds will only come into play if they sell. If sales tank like they have several times with cars the electric crap will die. It’s just a fad. As long as we’re buying two strokes there will be two strokes. Also big oil will win the day like it always has. Ethanol 100% not this E85 flex fuel crap, 100% Ethanol like Indy cars use is an excellent renewable fuel. Engines designed to run 100% Ethanol run clean and have higher specific output than gasoline engines. Bit big oil makes damn sure we don’t have Ethanol engines by controlling the fuel supply and infrastructure. Ethanol is the perfect logical next step vs electric. Electric just moves the problem, Ethanol solves a lot of it. BUT ethanol moves the source from the Middle East to right here in the good ol US of A and that just ain’t gonna do. As long as the fuel supply and infrastructure is based on petroleum products that’s what will sell. They can push electric all they want but if people don’t buy them then what’s the point. Same **** different day.

Want to see some cool stuff check out hydrogen ICEs and hydrogen fuel cell electric. Hydrogen ICEs are super efficient and very clean. The trick is the hydrogen. Cant carry that in a can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
677 Posts
Electric sleds will only come into play if they sell. If sales tank like they have several times with cars the electric crap will die. It’s just a fad. As long as we’re buying two strokes there will be two strokes. Also big oil will win the day like it always has. Ethanol 100% not this E85 flex fuel crap, 100% Ethanol like Indy cars use is an excellent renewable fuel. Engines designed to run 100% Ethanol run clean and have higher specific output than gasoline engines. Bit big oil makes damn sure we don’t have Ethanol engines by controlling the fuel supply and infrastructure. Ethanol is the perfect logical next step vs electric. Electric just moves the problem, Ethanol solves a lot of it. BUT ethanol moves the source from the Middle East to right here in the good ol US of A and that just ain’t gonna do. As long as the fuel supply and infrastructure is based on petroleum products that’s what will sell. They can push electric all they want but if people don’t buy them then what’s the point. Same **** different day.

Want to see some cool stuff check out hydrogen ICEs and hydrogen fuel cell electric. Hydrogen ICEs are super efficient and very clean. The trick is the hydrogen. Cant carry that in a can.

The thing with electric, it’s not like the infrastructure is set up for it already. It’s not going to be cheap especially in more remote areas to bring charging stations in. It probably will happen to some extent, but it’s not going to happen overnight to bring all these charging stations into the equation.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
You will be forced to buy electric vehicles. ICE is being banned in many states by 2030/2035! It's going to cost more and so is your electrical bill for your house. Hybrid's are the way to go, it just makes more since, but our world leaders have other plans for us!

Bob

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,340 Posts
Less models and More shared parts .Tunable suspensions on more models .A new guage .

·
Registered
851 Posts
Honestly I don’t think we’ll see anything change for 23. there were many updates for 22 and sales are strong. There’s really no reason to change. Sure Polaris is nipping on their heels but it’s just that a nip. The electric sled is coming BRP has already committed to it. Will it be in 23? I doubt it. 24 maybe. Then will it sell?

How about a wish list. A realistic one, not return of the two stroke triple or 300 hp hyper sleds. Ain’t happenen.

1. A 900 T 130 X package Renegade
2. A 137” 1.75 lug by 42” C motion Backcountry
3. 600 EFI X with handle bar controls priced in the $9k range.
4 A tipped rail 137 suspension. ???
5. New plastics. Never have been a fan of the G4 look
6. More color options.

Not sure about the mountain segment.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Honestly I don’t think we’ll see anything change for 23. there were many updates for 22 and sales are strong. There’s really no reason to change. Sure Polaris is nipping on their heels but it’s just that a nip. The electric sled is coming BRP has already committed to it. Will it be in 23? I doubt it. 24 maybe. Then will it sell?

How about a wish list. A realistic one, not return of the two stroke triple or 300 hp hyper sleds. Ain’t happenen.

1. A 900 T 130 X package Renegade
2. A 137” 1.75 lug by 42” C motion Backcountry
3. 600 EFI X with handle bar controls priced in the $9k range.
4 A tipped rail 137 suspension. ???
5. New plastics. Never have been a fan of the G4 look
6. More color options.

Not sure about the mountain segment.

If the 600 efi can get an X package, maybe the 900 n/a should also be considered. It’s been asked for for years as it is.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Something your going to get and your not going to like it, "HUGE PRICE INCREASE"!

Bob

·
Registered
851 Posts
Unfortunately I think you’re right. But I also think this market is going to reset and there will be huge rebates to move product so in the end prices paid will stay about the same.

Reactions: bar549

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Lets hope you are right!

Bob

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
You guys are hittin the crackpipe if you think doo is gonna have major changes after their release last year and all the covid delays. And how would a 650 or 700 make any sense for them? With 600efi, 600r, 850, 900NA and 900t you really think they will come out with a whole new motor. IMHO 23 will be BNG, maybe smart shox offered in more sleds and maybe another Lynx sled coming over.

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
You guys are hittin the crackpipe if you think doo is gonna have major changes after their release last year and all the covid delays. And how would a 650 or 700 make any sense for them? With 600efi, 600r, 850, 900NA and 900t you really think they will come out with a whole new motor. IMHO 23 will be BNG, maybe smart shox offered in more sleds and maybe another Lynx sled coming over.
Doo doesn’t need a new 600. If they wanted to compete with Poo’s new 650 they could simply add the boost injectors from the race sled and do a remap and they could have the consumer version of the 600R putting out 140 ponies. That seems to be the magic number everybody wants and it would best Poo’s new 650 by 2-3 hp and still be 10 ponies down from the stock race sled so the durability should still be there.

·
Registered
1997 Polaris XLT SKS
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Doo doesn’t need a new 600. If they wanted to compete with Poo’s new 650 they could simply add the boost injectors from the race sled and do a remap and they could have the consumer version of the 600R putting out 140 ponies. That seems to be the magic number everybody wants and it would best Poo’s new 650 by 2-3 hp and still be 10 ponies down from the stock race sled so the durability should still be there.
Then nickname it the 600R etec X, lol.
But great prediction though I doubt it as much as seeing a doo 700 come back in the lineup, but it ain't impossible

·
Registered
851 Posts
Seems easy enough. Bring it!!

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
Then nickname it the 600R etec X, lol.
But great prediction though I doubt it as much as seeing a doo 700 come back in the lineup, but it ain't impossible
I was thinking 600R HO. But yeah, Doo probably wants to keep the max mpg. On the other hand they might not like Poo being able to claim the strongest sled in the 600 class. They did just bump up the turbo to match up better with the winder.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts