Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
there are 8 models of lynx next year and 1 model of ev in each product from brp and they have something new coming from brp not sure but only a few dealers are getting what ever it is

·
Registered
129 Posts
My prediction is we will see very little change. The G4 and suspensions are solid and recently updated. The engines are again solid. As for a 650 I don’t see that. BRP has never hung their hat on being the most powerful. The 600R is smooth powerful reliable. I just don’t see it.

They could however be feverishly working on a new display. The past and current displays have been flops. In my opinion just go back to dial guages for the base with an optional new premium GPS display that can compete with Polaris.

As far as a new model. I would like to see a 137” 42” stance Backcountry. 1.75 lug C Motion. But I doubt that’s gonna happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What you described is very similar to a sled in the Lynx lineup that I hope they bring over next year. The Xterrain RE Turbo is 43" stance, 900R, 2" lug, 145" track with PPS3 skid

·
Registered
715 Posts
Well my prediction or love to see, a 1000 cc 2 stroke triple e- tech with 240-250 hp in a gen 4 called a Mach Z .
That would be true legend. But I'm dreaming, I'm sure there are many out there like me that every time I hear a triple two stroke you get a little excited.
I started riding when a muscle sled had three carbs and pipes under the hood not a bunch of sensors. I know it's technology but it's not the same to us old folks. Give me a big triple with big power and I'll deal with it for trail riding no matter what it weighs.
The triples and 4 strokes can’t weigh any different I wouldn’t think. Yet no matter how much we dream the triple 2 strokes are definitely a thing of the past unfortunately. I think an 809 could be shoe horned into a wide body though! I have an old mach 809 and there is still nothing that sounds better at 0* F than a two stroke triple!

·
Registered
677 Posts
I grew up on Polaris and XLT’s and Ultra’s were in that time frame. Loved the sound, part of me hoped to buy one and then they got phased out. Any triple at that time sounded amazing and as cool as it would be to have current technology put into a new 3 cylinder 2 stroke, I don’t see it happening either.
I’m 2023 I’d like to see the prices come back down to earth too, but not expecting that either.

·
Registered
195 Posts
What you described is very similar to a sled in the Lynx lineup that I hope they bring over next year. The Xterrain RE Turbo is 43" stance, 900R, 2" lug, 145" track with PPS3 skid
YES!!! That sled sounds amazing; I have had my eye on it for some time. I have always thought a 4-Stroke BackCountry would be awesome and would not be all that difficult to build. But why build a one-off that might have unsupported issues when you can buy right from the factory?! Especially considering you can tune it and make a mean runner that can handle some deep snow. I have a RAVE on the way but would trade up to that in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
293 Posts
How about some plastics that actually are aerodynamic enough to keep us warm. The G4 MXZ is the coldest sled ever. Seems to me this was a terrible mistake. What do I know?

·
Registered
83 Posts
One thing I know is that in a year or two my spring order sled will probably seem like a helluva bargain. I have a feeling prices are going up considerably.

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
How about some plastics that actually are aerodynamic enough to keep us warm. The G4 MXZ is the coldest sled ever. Seems to me this was a terrible mistake. What do I know?
Mountain riders don’t care about wind protection. Remember, the G4 was designed first and foremost to be a mountain sled, first of its kind. Now us trail riders get the “ conversion “.

·
Registered
2022 XCR 850 136
1,402 Posts
I can see doo revisiting the 700cc market now that the 800 class has become 850s, which widened the gap between the 6 and 8s. Technically, the poo 650 would be classed as a 700 anyway so why not put the poo to bed with a new 700 instead of a new 650 and keep the 600R to dominate that class on its own.

With the Mach Z a one year sled, for 23 it would be easy to continue that premium price segment with a 900T Lynx 137, which would really peak my interest.

I can't see doo continueing with their current attempt of a premium gauge setup. Put it to bed, and do it right learning from the competition. With a new bigger gauge setup could bring a few new plastics followed with a new LED lighting setup.

Dan

·
Registered
851 Posts
I can see doo revisiting the 700cc market now that the 800 class has become 850s, which widened the gap between the 6 and 8s. Technically, the poo 650 would be classed as a 700 anyway so why not put the poo to bed with a new 700 instead of a new 650 and keep the 600R to dominate that class on its own.

With the Mach Z a one year sled, for 23 it would be easy to continue that premium price segment with a 900T Lynx 137, which would really peak my interest.

I can't see doo continueing with their current attempt of a premium gauge setup. Put it to bed, and do it right learning from the competition. With a new bigger gauge setup could bring a few new plastics followed with a new LED lighting setup.

Dan
I’d love to see a 700. But I really doubt we’ll see it. The sales numbers just wouldn’t be there. Polaris still offers 600s right? Haven’t checked on the 22s…

·
Registered
2022 XCR 850 136
1,402 Posts
Yeah I could be wrong, but thinking back into the 90s, the 700 class did have its day of popularity. This was in a time where the 800s were into a different class in the triple era so the twins were becoming a new trend of light weight into smaller packages. The new 700 twins were probably more driven from the 600 crowd upgrading then the 800s downgrading.....Few years later, the 800s moved to the twins and I recall not much difference between a good running 700 vs a run of the mill twin 800, which I think was the start of eliminating the 700 class.
Fast forward to today, there is probably around 50 hp difference between the 850 and 600R in the exact same sled chassis and almost same weight. Probably not a huge cost throwing in 700cc jugs just to fill a gap Poo is trying to fill and close in around that 140 hp range. Might not make total sense, but sometimes it doesn't have to and will still sell very well, so in that case it could make sense.
I don't think you can get a 600cc poo anymore in a premium model sled. Would need to move into their budget line, which is a pretty old 600.

Dan

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
The Poo 600 cleanfire is only available now in the Indy SP (base model Axys sled but still far more premium than a TNT) and the Matryx cross-country race sled.

I'm sure the only reason Poo went 650 was because 600 was too much of a stretch to share parts with an 840 (remember the 650 and 840 have the same stroke). The 650 is a ripoff though, it's priced at the old 800 level so now Poo riders are paying more for less. Not a good model for Skidoo to follow!

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
Yeah I could be wrong, but thinking back into the 90s, the 700 class did have its day of popularity. This was in a time where the 800s were into a different class in the triple era so the twins were becoming a new trend of light weight into smaller packages. The new 700 twins were probably more driven from the 600 crowd upgrading then the 800s downgrading.....Few years later, the 800s moved to the twins and I recall not much difference between a good running 700 vs a run of the mill twin 800, which I think was the start of eliminating the 700 class.
Fast forward to today, there is probably around 50 hp difference between the 850 and 600R in the exact same sled chassis and almost same weight. Probably not a huge cost throwing in 700cc jugs just to fill a gap Poo is trying to fill and close in around that 140 hp range. Might not make total sense, but sometimes it doesn't have to and will still sell very well, so in that case it could make sense.
I don't think you can get a 600cc poo anymore in a premium model sled. Would need to move into their budget line, which is a pretty old 600.

Dan
The difference between the 600R & 850 is more like 35-40 hp.

·
Registered
851 Posts
The 700 class came into its own late in the Triple era but really came to life in the early twin era. All the makers had a viable 700 twin save for Yamaha who continued with their three cylinder two stroke. Cats F7 would live in infamy. The 700 class used to be where some of the most excitement was. The 800 class was limited to Doo and Cat for years. Polaris was really late to the game in the 800 class. But while Cat stuck around with the F7 for quite some time, Polaris dropped their 700 when the clean fire 600 was introduced and nearly outperformed it and Doo dropped their 700 with the into of the 600 HO which came very close to the 700.

I think Polaris is barking up the wrong tree with the 650. Their getting efficiency of production with common parts but the pricing will push most buyers to the 850. Do has enough price gap and enough difference in traits between the 6 and the 85 that it makes sense. Throwing a 7 in between will be confusing both performance and price wise. However if they could get 600r punched out to 650 or say 670, drop the 600 and keep the price close, that could work.

But honestly I think they’ve honed in. 600 efi at 85 hp, 600r at 125 and 850 at 165, 40 hp between them the price jump for each justifies the benefits. I think they’ll stick right there.

·
Premium Member
2022 MXZ XRS 600R
609 Posts
1999 - ZX
2003 - Rev
2008 - xp
2013 - XS/XM
2017- G4
2023 - G5?
2026 - ?

Pattern looks clear to me. I think it’s gonna be another Rev-xs/xm case for 2023.
I think we got that already with the flatter turning chassis but I could be wrong. I am guessing one more year at least with the current chassis, maybe 2024 or 2025 we will get a new chassis that sheds at least 20 lbs.

·
Premium Member
2022 MXZ XRS 600R
609 Posts
Skidoo should skip the 650 route and simply add a 700 to compliment the 600 and 850, stop messing around, many of us have been waiting for a REV based 700 for nearly 20 years. A 145 hp 700 would be delicious, cat had a 140 hp 700 in 2003 I cant imagine 145 is not a reliable figure with modern tech. Heck make it spring order only even, bet they would move a bunch.

·
Premium Member
2022 MXZ XRS 600R
609 Posts
BRP said this will be the last of 2 stroke technology
And that will be my last skidoo, likely sled in general. I will be 53 this year, have raced motocross for many years and flat out will not ride a four stroke sled, they are just too heavy in the whoops and corners. If we don't see four strokes at two stroke weight (like motocross bikes) I will buy the last year 2 stroke and ride it until I age out, it is a shame because ETEC has the potential to even be road legal, such is life.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I highly doubt that you see a 700 two stroke. Back in the day when there were 500,600,700,800 and up cc motors, they did not need to be EPA certified. Now they do. It takes big bucks to go through R&D and the certification. That is the big reason why we only have 3 two stroke motors in doo's now.

·
Registered
1997 Polaris XLT SKS
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Its here. Prepare to have your arms ripped off......not.

Harry riding Mini Sea-Doo Jetski at Center Parcs Longleat - YouTube
What I think is going to happen is they’re going to release an electric sled for 2023 or 2024
Skidoo should skip the 650 route and simply add a 700 to compliment the 600 and 850, stop messing around, many of us have been waiting for a REV based 700 for nearly 20 years. A 145 hp 700 would be delicious, cat had a 140 hp 700 in 2003 I cant imagine 145 is not a reliable figure with modern tech. Heck make it spring order only even, bet they would move a bunch.
Actually I hope ski doo does, I don’t really want a 600 again for my next, and my dad isn’t going to let me get an 850(which I get, as I am light, not that strong, and I’m still getting into the sport with my own sled, it’ll be my third season next year. So I would kill myself on it) so a 700 or 750 would be perfect for me. Though the 2 stroke era is coming to an end, the current E-tec and efi engines will likely be the last generation engine. When ski doo releases an EV, they’ll upgrade it until it has better range than the ICE, then all ICEs will slowly disappear. It would be weird seeing an electric mountain sled...

41 - 60 of 89 Posts