Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Mach Z
1,077 Posts
Personally I don’t think they will bring the Mach back for a 2nd year. They know all that we’re waiting and wanting jumped on it for 2022 and if they bring it back again then sales will dramatically decrease for year 2023.

·
Super Moderator
29,369 Posts
You sure??? I could of swore I saw ads for limited build, and not every dealer was able to get alot of them if I remember correctly, and it marketed as a “limited edition”.
When they said limited edition they were meaning 1 year of production only.

·
Keeping Skioutty on his toes...
2017 Ski doo Renegade 900...2022 Polaris Indy 137 XC 650
31,332 Posts
For 2023 it's going to be a 60 horse equivalent electric motorized snow machine...
Just remember you heard it here first...❄

·
Registered
77 Posts
My two cents is that 2-strokes aren't going to disappear any time soon. When the EPA put the squeeze on 15 years or so ago, there were countless articles about the immanent demise of the 2S motor. Manufacturers figured things out over time and snowmobilers benefitted tremendously - engines are now better than ever with great 2S and 4S options. As long as there is demand, the manufacturers will keep making them.

BTW love the E-Tec 670 speculation. In retro MX-Z colours and graphics? Yep, that'd sell.

·
Registered
21 MXZ XRS 850
3,777 Posts
Since we are dreaming and speculating, I think Doo should really throw a wrench in the mix. Throw a 670 ETEC together and stuff it in a deep purple G4 Formula Z (like available in 97-99.) I am not a purple fan but the first time I saw that sled....oh bite my knuckles.
SmartSelect_20210712-204257_Chrome.jpg

·
Registered
2018 MXZX 850 / 2011 MXZX 800 etec
1,528 Posts
2 stroke development will keep progressing. That is the largest selling segment of snowmobiles.
Polaris number 2 in sales and all 2 stroke will keep BRP fighting for that number one position.

·
boost junkie
10,604 Posts
my 23 prediction is a good size price increase

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Emissions and Government will kill the two stroke, like its killing the Diesel engine, and the ICE. Actually thank California for that.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Whatever they decide to sell which will likely be the introduction of an EV sled as well as with current 2 stroke and 4 stroke offerings. They will come in every color other than skidoo yellow.

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
20 years ago they were saying it was the end of the line for 2-strokes yet here we are. Heck up until last year BRP was still making carbureted 2-strokes and they just released the new throttle body EFI 600. Two strokes aren't going anywhere any time soon. Polaris is still selling their carbureted 550 fan cooled models. Four strokes were supposed to take over but they peaked at about 25% - 30% of the market and have stayed there as they only make sense for the saddle baggers who are a minority in the market. Electric sleds will be introduced but they will be a Yellowstone / ski-hill specialty item. Most of us will have long since hung up our hat by the time there's sufficient infrastructure in place to support wide spread use of electric sleds. KTM made an all electric dirt bike but dropped it, must not have been selling too well. Speaking of KTM they bought Husqvarna & Gas-Gas and are cranking out SDI 2-stroke trail bikes. Even Yamaha, the company that started the 4-stroke movement in dirt bikes still offers a 250 cc 2-stroke trail bike. Yes, the 2-stroke is alive and well and will be with us for the for seeable future.

Edit: Looks like KTM brought back their E-bike. They had it, dropped it, then brought it back - probably when stock ran low.

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
Here's a prediction, with both Polaris & Arctic Cat having dedicated youth models in the Evo / Blast maybe just maybe Doo will bring something to the market to compete in that segment.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Here's a prediction, with both Polaris & Arctic Cat having dedicated youth models in the Evo / Blast maybe just maybe Doo will bring something to the market to compete in that segment.
well not at a entry price..........again

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well my prediction or love to see, a 1000 cc 2 stroke triple e- tech with 240-250 hp in a gen 4 called a Mach Z .
That would be true legend. But I'm dreaming, I'm sure there are many out there like me that every time I hear a triple two stroke you get a little excited.
I started riding when a muscle sled had three carbs and pipes under the hood not a bunch of sensors. I know it's technology but it's not the same to us old folks. Give me a big triple with big power and I'll deal with it for trail riding no matter what it weighs.

·
Registered
851 Posts
My prediction is we will see very little change. The G4 and suspensions are solid and recently updated. The engines are again solid. As for a 650 I don’t see that. BRP has never hung their hat on being the most powerful. The 600R is smooth powerful reliable. I just don’t see it.

They could however be feverishly working on a new display. The past and current displays have been flops. In my opinion just go back to dial guages for the base with an optional new premium GPS display that can compete with Polaris.

As far as a new model. I would like to see a 137” 42” stance Backcountry. 1.75 lug C Motion. But I doubt that’s gonna happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
My prediction is very easy. Oh, you said Doo

I predict a Lynx 4 stoke next year, with my name on it. :) (y)

Reactions: DOOtym
21 - 40 of 89 Posts