Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Polaris XLT SKS
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it’s early to make predictions for the 2023 lineup, but I wonder what people have for 2023.
I’ll go first

MY 2023 predictions
1. Mach Z stays for one more year, because of popular demand, the Mach z stays for one more year. This is also the perfect time to do a “retro graphics edition”, kind of like what Yamaha did for the SRX last year, the Mach z will be turning 30 next year, so why not do something special. They should use the original graphics from the 1993 model and re-work them to fit on the plastics.

2. Mxz turns 30, the mxz will also be turning 30, so do the same as the Mach z, have the original colours and graphics for both of them as a colour option for MY 2023 only

3. Plastics refresh. The G4 look is starting to get old(not that I’m saying it doesn’t look good), and a plastics refresh will freshen up the lineup (well most of it)

Also, I’m a new member here, but I have been reading quite a few threads on the forum for a long while now. And I like the new layout here.

·
Registered
1997 Polaris XLT SKS
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And what do u RIDE??
I hate to say this on a ski doo forum(lol), but I ride a 1997 Polaris XLT SKS, my 2nd sled. I hope to upgrade to a new 600 in a year or 2.

Edit: I had a 2007 arctic cat f6 lxr for my first, and both didn’t and haven’t let me down.

hbu?

·
Registered
1997 Polaris XLT SKS
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My guess is Next year will be the g5; mild update from the g4, not a clean sheet redesign. It will likely be paired with an 850r/850ho update or an all new 650
1999 - ZX
2003 - Rev
2008 - xp
2013 - XS/XM
2017- G4
2023 - G5?
2026 - ?

Pattern looks clear to me. I think it’s gonna be another Rev-xs/xm case for 2023.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It is never too early to talk about next year's sleds!

#1 - My belief is Mach Z will not return next year. BRP are people of their word in my experience, for those who put big money down on a limited build sled only to find out it wasn't limited build, that would undermine trust. That said, I predict they will add launch control as an XRS option in '23 for the TurboR.

#2 - Good call, if this is a big birthday year, bring back Ski-Doo colours on MXZs! It seems weird to me that right now you can't even buy a Renegade or MXZ in their trademark Ski-Doo yellow. Lots of sunburst yellow but not the original Ski-Doo yellow. Maybe they took a break from original yellow to set up for '23.

#3 - Yep, totally agree, new plastics/ergos. With the new X suspension, they will not move away from the G4 foundation, this will be like the Matryx and XS style upgrades where the manufacturers stick with the foundation but upgrade plastics and ergos.

#4 - Agree with adixwpg - BRP won't let Polaris own the 650 market for long. This could be a sad day - the 600s strike a good balance between power and fuel economy, but if consumers demand more power, an E-Tec 650 maybe with the booster injectors (like the RS and 850) may be inevitable.

And I'll chip in with a few basic predictions:

#5 - Turbo 130 in Renegade X. Should be in XRS too but that is less likely.

#6 - Turbo 150 is gone. It is still available in Expys I believe, but it will likely say farewell in '23 once the T130 reviews are in.

#7 - "Introducing the new mountain sled version, the "(insert cool sounding yet technical name)", which to all you flatlanders looks exactly like every other mountain sled we offer but has these obscure nuanced features which means it warrants a whole new name and specific purpose..."

And Powder_Junkie that XLT SKS is a sweet ride. I had a '97 XLT RMK that I put an SKS front end on, awesome sled I wish I could have kept. Newer sleds have benefits of course but you can't replace that sweet triple 2-stroke sound of an XLT. National anthem of snowmobiling.

·
Registered
1997 Polaris XLT SKS
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How about a yellow MXZ 670R for the anniversary year? I think G4 will hang around for a few more years because it is still selling well and there is only 1 other manufacturer to compete with.
That’s actually a good thought, bring back the 670 and upgrade it with etec equipment, then have it available on the MXZ , Summit, and grand touring only(as those were the only models that had the 670 and are still in the lineup). Then in 2024 bring it across the lineup(with exceptions of utility and sport lineup).

Then watch Polaris brings back their 680 Ultra, lol.

·
Registered
1997 Polaris XLT SKS
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is never too early to talk about next year's sleds!

#1 - My belief is Mach Z will not return next year. BRP are people of their word in my experience, for those who put big money down on a limited build sled only to find out it wasn't limited build, that would undermine trust. That said, I predict they will add launch control as an XRS option in '23 for the TurboR.

#2 - Good call, if this is a big birthday year, bring back Ski-Doo colours on MXZs! It seems weird to me that right now you can't even buy a Renegade or MXZ in their trademark Ski-Doo yellow. Lots of sunburst yellow but not the original Ski-Doo yellow. Maybe they took a break from original yellow to set up for '23.

#3 - Yep, totally agree, new plastics/ergos. With the new X suspension, they will not move away from the G4 foundation, this will be like the Matryx and XS style upgrades where the manufacturers stick with the foundation but upgrade plastics and ergos.

#4 - Agree with adixwpg - BRP won't let Polaris own the 650 market for long. This could be a sad day - the 600s strike a good balance between power and fuel economy, but if consumers demand more power, an E-Tec 650 maybe with the booster injectors (like the RS and 850) may be inevitable.

And I'll chip in with a few basic predictions:

#5 - Turbo 130 in Renegade X. Should be in XRS too but that is less likely.

#6 - Turbo 150 is gone. It is still available in Expys I believe, but it will likely say farewell in '23 once the T130 reviews are in.

#7 - "Introducing the new mountain sled version, the "(insert cool sounding yet technical name)", which to all you flatlanders looks exactly like every other mountain sled we offer but has these obscure nuanced features which means it warrants a whole new name and specific purpose..."

And Powder_Junkie that XLT SKS is a sweet ride. I had a '97 XLT RMK that I put an SKS front end on, awesome sled I wish I could have kept. Newer sleds have benefits of course but you can't replace that sweet triple 2-stroke sound of an XLT. National anthem of snowmobiling.
I’d love to see a mountain sled with a 900 ACE or 900T(probs 900T)

And thanks! It will be my 2nd winter on it next year. it’s not stock looking, it has a 1996 Polaris XCR 440 hood, 2” risers, rear rack(I hate it so much, i can’t lift up the rear end on the bumper without the bottom bar crushing into my arms) and improved airflow. My friend has the exact same sled(though looks more stock than mine) and the funny thing is, we even have the same skis! But next year will probably be my last as I intend to buy a new sled between hopefully September 2023-January 2024. I’m shooting for hopefully a Summit sp, if not i’ll Go for a backcountry or renegade.

·
Registered
576 Posts
just one
#1. If you don't spring check you won't get a fresh sled. So instead of waiting a year to snag a discounted sled you will pay full price or buy used. What I am hearing from some dealers is if you didn't order a sled last fall you won't be getting one this winter. It would be interesting to see if they only build what they can sell each year.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
You will never see a 4 stroke mtn sled from doo. They tried it and canceled the sled during snowcheck. I think the Mach Z will return for 2023 in full production, It was only a limited build for 2022, same as skidoo’s limited built turbo 2021 summit.

For 2023, I only foresee a plastics change, maybe a rear suspension, and track for the summit, and the will call it a new chassis like they did in 2013. IMO that will depend on this years snow check and supply issues.

If your looking for a new sled, especially a 2 stroke, start getting serious. The future of the powersports industry is not looking too good.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
I think the Mach Z will return for 2023 in full production, It was only a limited build for 2022, same as skidoo’s limited built turbo 2021 summit.
The Mach wasn't limited, anyone who wanted one could order one. I don't think they can bring it back because the BRP exec said very clearly that it was for "back for one year only".

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
The Mach wasn't limited, anyone who wanted one could order one. I don't think they can bring it back because the BRP exec said very clearly that it was for "back for one year only".
You sure??? I could of swore I saw ads for limited build, and not every dealer was able to get alot of them if I remember correctly, and it marketed as a “limited edition”.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I am excited to see how Lynx expands, if at all, here in North America. They make what is very close to a 900T Backcountry, which I feel would be a fun option for many. 146 Is a touch too long for what I do, but it will suit the needs (wants) for some. I would like to see a Rave RE with the 900T. I believe we will see the expansion of the adaptive suspension as it creeps into the touring and utility market. And my final thought or question is, will we see the return of the competition package? It seems to have garnered a lot of criticism for being a bare-bones race sled, despite that being its purpose.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
My prediction for 2023 is Ski-Doo will find a way cheapen shocks even more on all models.

·
Registered
9,899 Posts
I'm just hoping for a sled that doesn't require darn near a grand in lighting accessories to see where you're going at night...

And hopefully the new Smart Shox will be available on more models / engine sizes.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts