Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son has this 2005 800x renagade. He bought it brand new towards the end of 2004. At first it ran well...really well. Now, it runs like crap, but come to think of it, I guess the period of time that it ran well was short lived. It almost has spent more time in the shop than on the trails. Thus the new brand name...Ski Don't.
So, anybody else out there got any problems with the performance of an 05' 800 x?
Our sled has about 500 miles on it. When it runs, it sounds like a 4 stroke...up until about 6 grand. From there it seems to want to take off, but not consistant, like its cutting out. It is no longer under warranty, but I'm going to try to get the place of purchase to do something about it at no cost. Just for the fact that it hasn't run right since it was purchased and if you pay that kind of money for something it better had damned well work.
For us to do any decent riding we got to drive 6 hours to the Lower Northern Michigan. Its a wasted trip when you get there and your $9000 sled don't run.
If anyone has had similar problems with their SD 800x renagade, please feel free to contact me. We are going to take it to the dealer 02/27/06. That in it self is another hour drive from home. thanx, dano

·
Hold It Wide Open Till You See God
2,311 Posts
bbdano said:
My son has this 2005 800x renagade. He bought it brand new towards the end of 2004. At first it ran well...really well. Now, it runs like crap, but come to think of it, I guess the period of time that it ran well was short lived. It almost has spent more time in the shop than on the trails. Thus the new brand name...Ski Don't.
So, anybody else out there got any problems with the performance of an 05' 800 x?
Our sled has about 500 miles on it. When it runs, it sounds like a 4 stroke...up until about 6 grand. From there it seems to want to take off, but not consistant, like its cutting out. It is no longer under warranty, but I'm going to try to get the place of purchase to do something about it at no cost. Just for the fact that it hasn't run right since it was purchased and if you pay that kind of money for something it better had damned well work.
For us to do any decent riding we got to drive 6 hours to the Lower Northern Michigan. Its a wasted trip when you get there and your $9000 sled don't run.
If anyone has had similar problems with their SD 800x renagade, please feel free to contact me. We are going to take it to the dealer 02/27/06. That in it self is another hour drive from home. thanx, dano
[snapback]735945[/snapback]​
500 miles and it is off warranty. I call bullsh&%.

·
Registered
2022 Ski Doo Renegade XRS 900 TurboR
373 Posts
alexd said:
bbdano said:
[snapback]735945[/snapback]​
500 miles and it is off warranty. I call bullsh&%.
[snapback]736147[/snapback]​
Miles do not matter. One year then your sol. Unless you got an extended warranty.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I dont understand, if it hasnt run right since you have had it then why are you just looking for suggestions a year later, after warranty runs out? Just curious, I know every brand has a lemon, a buddy of mine had a lemon 900 fusion, kept going back to dealer and got a new one. Just seems odd to wait so long.

·
Registered
362 Posts
doo52 said:
I dont understand, if it hasnt run right since you have had it then why are you just looking for suggestions a year later, after warranty runs out? Just curious, I know every brand has a lemon, a buddy of mine had a lemon 900 fusion, kept going back to dealer and got a new one. Just seems odd to wait so long.
[snapback]736293[/snapback]​
Because of the sh&%ty winters that we've had and the fact he is so far south from any good snow probably took him that long to get those miles on his sled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts