Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to pull the trigger on a new swt with the 900, what are some things I should have included when I buy this sled, front bumper, skid plate, etc..... let me know what all think. thanks

·
Registered
522 Posts
Personally I went with a backrest for the missus, front bumper and the rear cargo box at purchase. And just did a full track stud with tire studs. Going to add the rear bumper and skid plate when received as Xmas gifts. If you go with the front bumper (and if your picky like I am) I highly recommend you ask the dealer to see one they installed. They did a horrible job on mine and I pretty much ended up reinstalling it my self. If I had my time back I would have just installed it my self. If your into that kind of stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
The HD rear bumper looks awesome!

Reactions: Bay Boy

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I never mentioned that I already have a 2013 expo with the rear seat, rear rack and cargo box, I'll make a box for the swt as I want it custom to what I want for trapping. Was thinking bout the track upgrade, worth it ya think?? And yes I hear front springs from revel are a must

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
how do those left hand throttles work with the electronic throttle? Might be easier to wire in a secondary electronic throttle.

·
Registered
111 Posts

Not mine.

Reactions: suv1

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
I figured that is how they did it, but I guess I was wondering more how does it work?

does the cable bind when flipping over? does the bracket get in your way? etc.

I've guessing the electronic throttle uses a 0-5v hall-effect lever, probably with dual outputs. Seams like a relay could be used to switch between the two (but that might throw an error in the split second that the output falls outside of the acceptable range). Diodes might be another option, depending on the nature of the dual outputs, or with single outputs.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Front bumper & skid plate are pretty decent.

The rear cargo rack & cargo basket (that clips on in place of the rear seat) are nice as well. Gives you plenty of extra tie down spots & options for axe or saw mounts, etc.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
I'm guessing there are 2 wires for the heater, and 3 or more wires for the control. I'm guessing 5v supply, a ground, and at least 1 signal. There might be 2 hots, 2 grounds and multiple signals (potentially some digital and some analog) It could also be a discrete CAN type module, needing a 12volt hot, a ground and a high and low signal and have the heating built in, similar to a USB type connection, but I'm guessing not. I would be shocked it it was a simple 2 wire rheostat.

a real simple solution for a very limited LH throttle might be to just put in a switch to kill the power to or signal from the throttle. I believe someone here reported the RER button gets used as an emergency throttle when there is a failure of the electronic throttle detected.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Anything I drive does not leave the garage without one. Essential for rivers, brooks and brake side sidehills.
Yeah, I almost lost my Exped on a sidehill coming back from Gull Island last winter. On a widetrack the left throttle is even more a necessity than on a skinny track sled.

I'm going to have to look into options. Any suggestions on the best place to source one for a sled with electric throttle?

·
7,719 Posts
I have emailed the manufacturer, Full Throttle Inc and with any luck they'll respond soon. I'll share the answer with the group.
Straight from them, and by ACE they mean, ACE with the newer ITC Throttle:

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your question. Our throttles do not fit any of the ACE Skid-doo's. Sorry for the confusion.

Thank you,
Sandy Ross - Office Manager
[email protected]
Full Throttle, Inc.
PO Box 398
Veradale, WA 99037
<a>(509) 927-7533</a>

1 - 20 of 102 Posts