Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I have a skandic 900 ace with 9 miles on it... yes my troubles are starting early. Hope it's a fluke.

I had it idling in Eco mode in the trailer for about 3-4 minutes and I heard 3 beeps, and the motor spudered a bit so I went to check it out and my check engine light was on.

I shut it down, fired it back up and it was still there but left soon after.

Anyone know what that was, the manual has nothing on it with 3 beeps.

·
Super Moderator
2,665 Posts
It wouldn't overheat in 3-4 minutes. With the rad fan it would be nearly impossible to overheat idling in any amount of time.

Once the engine reaches normal temperature, if it idles for ~10 minutes it automatically shuts down. It will do a continuous beep when it does so. Is no cause for alarm, that is normal. 3 or 4 beeps would be something else tho.. I've never heard of three beeps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
227 Posts
Same thing happens to mine while warming up will idle for a few minutes and seems like it cuts back to 2 cylinders and engine light is on than will shut off, start back up engine light comes on for a few seconds and than goes away. Going to bring to the dealer to have a look at when it goes in for the 500km check up.

Also when warming up the machine in the morning it will only go to 2 bars on the temp guage before it shuts down. I think it may be the coil going on mine. But as long as the machine is throwing out a code dealer should be able to know what's wrong with it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I'm not quite sure what's up, the dealer says he needs to plug it in to buds, but he is 100 km away. His suggestion was to see if it continues and go from there. I'm hoping it's just a hiccup from breaking in.

Wishfull thinking I'm sure lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
went all weekend and not a peep out of it, so i guess im going to find out what the CEL was all about when i take it in for the first service.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Mine came on on my 17 900 Blizzard and went into limp mode , shut it down and checked the relays , the main one was quite warm so changed it out with one of the others and all was fine for a few miles then the same thing again so I installed a spare I had and left the cover of the fuse box and rode over 100 miles after with no issue so time will tell but am watching to see what happens next, 3rd 900 first with this problem , had 2 coils go bad last year on the 15 900 GSX .

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Check the battery connections, also the ground beside the solenoid.

Reactions: Snow Terror

·
Registered
648 Posts
when its running on 2 spark plug it does that, just put in sport mode and stop and restart, it goes away, i have'nt change the coil yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts