Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife was driving it , shut it off and then pulled the dess cord off, i asked her to put the dess back on . Tried to start it up and it does nothing.

I have checked the fuses, battery is good, jumpered right to the starter and it works. Something is just not letting it fire.

That is as far as I have gotten so far as I have not got it into the garage yet.

Has anyone heard or experienced something like this? Any insight is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2,665 Posts
Yes, if there is NOTHING happening (no fuel pump, gauge, or beep) the start button is a likely culprit. Info to test/bypass in the FAQs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Try warming the start button with a hairdryer, most common problem around here is/was wire breakage up inside the handlebar risers or down where it enters the console, the cable tie is to tight, pulls/breaks the wire, if this is the case find/fix the problem & remove the tie.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I had a no-start situation occur on my 2013 600 ACE because of ice buildup at the throttle lever. If the lever doesn't return to full off, it doesn't make contact with safety switch and won't allow it to start.... worth checking.....

Reactions: Scott1269

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
I had a no-start situation occur on my 2013 600 ACE because of ice buildup at the throttle lever. If the lever doesn't return to full off, it doesn't make contact with safety switch and won't allow it to start.... worth checking.....
but the gauge would still light, and probably give a warning message I am guessing

·
Registered
121 Posts
Try warming the start button with a hairdryer,
I have had to do this several times on a 2011 600 E-tec. Works every time.... The hairdryer trick, not the start button. Thanks for sharing it whoever it was.

The sled spent three days indoors with a small heater fan blowing on the starter button. I hope any moisture will have dryed out of there. If that was the problem.

·
Registered
143 Posts
If the start button wiring does not fix it for you it is a good chance it is the ground from the battery to the tunnel. I had exact same symptoms a couple of weeks ago and I thought for sure it was the start circuit. Turned out to be the main battery ground corroded

1 - 17 of 17 Posts