Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Would six inch Shaper bars work in the center with the four inch stock bars moved to the outside on a 14 GSX SE 600 with a 137" ripsaw with no studs? Standard 5.7 Pilot skis. The Shaper bars do extend below the ski more than the stock pilot four inch bars do.

·
Premium Member
8,093 Posts
I run 7.5 Shapers in the middle. 4.5 Shapers out. They work well for me. All the outside carbide does is keep the edge from getting chewed up.. It does not help with steering.

2014-- XR1200--137" track.--6.9 pilots.

Don~

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. Bolted them on. Actually drilled the holes right for the outside set. The Studboy Shapers definitely have more bite than the stock bars.

·
Registered
379 Posts
The Renegade has a reputation of pushing in the corners. I found the 7.5 carbides worked better than the 6 inch at controlling that push.
It will push the corners even with the outside bars in place? I have heard differing opinions on the outside bars. Some say they only help with preventing wear. Others say they help with aggressive cornering. I can see where they would help if running in snow deep enough where they would bite.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just ordered at set of Studboy six inch shaper bars and woody's navigators from Dennis Kirk for the center keel of the skis on my XRS. I plan to move the stock bars to the outside edge and see how this works out.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I got my Shapers from Dennis Kirk. I live a 35 miles from Dennis Kirk and was driving by there a week ago and stopped in and picked up a set and a new pair of Castle X gloves. So now I have the new Shapers in the center and new stock bars on the outside. Will see how it works. Maybe take the sleds up north to a friends this coming weekend. He got 15 inches of snow the last few days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts