Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what is the best bang for a buck on aluminum single sled tilt or enclosed trailer in around GTA? I found only a couple brands. Any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Tire Automotive parking light

Anybody know what is the best bang for a buck on aluminum single sled tilt or enclosed trailer in around GTA? I found only a couple brands. Any help is greatly appreciated
I just took a fold up utility trailer and added some wooden rails. This trailer came in the mail, without the wood.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
attachicon.gif
trailer-L.jpg
I just took a fold up utility trailer and added some wooden rails. This trailer came in the mail, without the wood.
I have about the same trailer however with wooden sides. Using it only for ATV as sled sticks out too much. Loading is a pain the neck. I was thinking more of a aluminum 12 ft long.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I have about the same trailer however with wooden sides. Using it only for ATV as sled sticks out too much. Loading is a pain the neck. I was thinking more of a aluminum 12 ft long.

Actually it's extremely easy to load, you just drive up and it tilts to level, then you put a hairpin in the front, and vice versa. It sticks out a bit in the back but so what? I have been using this trailer for 15 years with SWT's with no problems.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually it's extremely easy to load, you just drive up and it tilts to level, then you put a hairpin in the front, and vice versa. It sticks out a bit in the back but so what? I have been using this trailer for 15 years with SWT's with no problems.
Mine is 4x8. Always a struggle. Nevermind slush and salt all over snowmobile no matter how good the cover is. My friend has triton 12 ft version and what a difference...

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Mine is 4x8. Always a struggle. Nevermind slush and salt all over snowmobile no matter how good the cover is. My friend has triton 12 ft version and what a difference...

Go with enclosed... In my opinion, it's the only way to go... The roads are getting way too dirty in the winter.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts

Never a struggle but we don't have a lot of slush and no salt. I have no use for an enclosed one here. I don't get how a longer trailer helps, my sled sticks out less than a foot in the back.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Never a struggle but we don't have a lot of slush and no salt. I have no use for an enclosed one here. I don't get how a longer trailer helps, my sled sticks out less than a foot in the back.
The longer the tilt bed the easier it is to hit the balance point on the trailer. I have an 11' deck, and it can be hard sometimes to get the sled forward enough on the deck to make it drop down. And that's after adding a salt shield which made the deck front heavy, meaning it doesn't want to stay tilted for loading.

I'd LOVE to have a nice enclosed trailer, but it's so rare for me to actually trailer somewhere that there's no way I can justify the price.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Interested in what the OP has found for single place options. I was shopping for one this year to replace my beloved 2008 steel Karavan single place.

It seemed Triton didn't offer a single place of any variety, Karavan has dropped out of the single place sled trailer market, and it appeared that I could have special ordered a single place enclosed Sno Pro for around $4500 US.

I lucked out and found a 2017 aluminum Triton single place (XT4.5) with aluminum salt shield that was used 2X by the previous owner, so that's the route I went.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
The longer the tilt bed the easier it is to hit the balance point on the trailer. I have an 11' deck, and it can be hard sometimes to get the sled forward enough on the deck to make it drop down. And that's after adding a salt shield which made the deck front heavy, meaning it doesn't want to stay tilted for loading.

I'd LOVE to have a nice enclosed trailer, but it's so rare for me to actually trailer somewhere that there's no way I can justify the price.
Mine balances perfectly but I did add a 20 pound barbell weight under the back to fine tune it. I all works quite well and I just drive up, stand up, lean forward a bit for it to slowly go to level, put the pin up in the front, and wrap a couple bunjis around the skis. I've doing it for 15 years with this fold-up trailer that came in the mail. We have no salt here and very little slush. The SWT Skandic track is flush with the back and only the snow flap hangs over. This is hanging over in the picture but it's too far back. Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Interested in what the OP has found for single place options. I was shopping for one this year to replace my beloved 2008 steel Karavan single place.

It seemed Triton didn't offer a single place of any variety, Karavan has dropped out of the single place sled trailer market, and it appeared that I could have special ordered a single place enclosed Sno Pro for around $4500 US.

I lucked out and found a 2017 aluminum Triton single place with aluminum salt shield that was used 2X by the previous owner, so that's the route I went.
Single trailers are hard to find which is one reason I built this one. The trailer was about $300 total, wood was from a photo gallery I had, and the larger wheels were $10, the house paint was just lying around, plus a little extra hardware and tires. The trailer came with wiring, wheels and tires, running lights, hitch, and all the hardware to assemble it. So I have a total of $350 into it and it's custom made.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Plant Wheel Tire Wood Outdoor bench

No prices on the site. I really like my cheap little trailer, I drove 2,000 miles with it with a SWT on it with no problems, it takes little space, light, fast loading/unloading, it's all good. It looks overdone but I just happened to have all that wood material for it. I plan to redo it for my next sled and it's just going to have four 2x4's on edge for the skis, and a couple 2x6's with some 1x2" oak cross pieces for the track. Very cheap, simple, light, and efficient. That little piece of black tape on the side is so I know where to stop when I drive up so it balances perfectly and slowly drops down to level position. There is a spare tire bolted to the bottom and that winch was $5 at a garage sale. Yes I would jump over a gate so I don't wear out the hinges. ;)

Attachments

·
Semi-professional Opinion Maker
1,003 Posts
I have a brand new all aluminum mission trailer I'm trying to sell. The problem is I bought brand new about a month and a half ago. I added a track mat, ski guides and a tongue jack. I found a used enclosed so now I no longer need the new open trailer. The hard part is I dont want to take a bath on the mission. I don't know if the market isnt there for a single place. Possibly me trying to get my money back is just a dream. But at the same time it seems like everyone thinks they're a wheeler dealer and will only offer half price.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have a brand new all aluminum mission trailer I'm trying to sell. The problem is I bought brand new about a month and a half ago. I added a track mat, ski guides and a tongue jack. I found a used enclosed so now I no longer need the new open trailer. The hard part is I dont want to take a bath on the mission. I don't know if the market isnt there for a single place. Possibly me trying to get my money back is just a dream. But at the same time it seems like everyone thinks they're a wheeler dealer and will only offer half price.
Do you want post some pics and a price?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts