Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to change thw skis on the 2014 1200 le expi this year.. Was thinking the hen 2 Simmons. I currently have had the pro floats on for approx 4-5"years they are now done.
Searching the price on these Simmons they seem a little steep.
im in ontario,can. wondering any thoughts on grabbing a set and best place to order from?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I don’t know where in Canada you are, but here in Labrador, both Notre Dame and Normore Enterprises carry them now. The Gen II’s are expensive, but awesome, extreme upgrade from DS2’s.

Reactions: dev1

·
Registered
829 Posts
The Simmons Skis are incredible in my opinion. I removed the DS2 Skis on my Summit and ran the Polaris Gripper ski. I liked that over the DS2's but the Simmons were another step up! If you have the $$ shock and ski upgrades always seem worth while to me.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I ordered a pair directly from Simmons last year and took about a month but finally showed up in Ontario. Sold them after about 500 km because the extra steering effort was killing my elbows. In hindsight maybe should have played with spring preload first. The stock skis are fine for me unless I'm in crusty snow and then they are truly suicide skis. I have both 2020 skis and 2021 stock skis and they seem to be exactly the same. Don't think Ski Doo is interested in fixing the wild lack of control in crusty snow.

·
Registered
23 Posts
We run Gen 1 Simmons on our skandic groomer, as they are great for steering. I also ran them on my XM backcountry for a bit because of the same ^above mentioned crusty snow issues. However I also found heavy steering (but like on rails!) I’ve since switched to Poo Grippers and haven’t looked back.
I found sets listed in Kijiji and took my chances with the shape they were in but had good luck!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
looking to change thw skis on the 2014 1200 le expi this year.. Was thinking the hen 2 Simmons. I currently have had the pro floats on for approx 4-5"years they are now done.
Searching the price on these Simmons they seem a little steep.
im in ontario,can. wondering any thoughts on grabbing a set and best place to order from?
The distributor for Simmons in Canada is Vince Harker, and his email is [email protected]
His ph number is 403-894-3848

They are expensive, and you won't get any real deals on them buying directly, but Vince does have really good service.

When you price out other types of skis, like Polaris floats, or whatever, you have to fact in the cost of picking around trying to find the right carbide, getting them mounted correctly, etc. Once you've got all that done, there's not a lot of difference in price.

There is, however, a HUGE difference in performance. Nothing else compares to the Simmons for straight line tracking, off-trail flotation, and confidence in turns. Yes, the steering is a little heavier, but the stability going doing the trail makes it well worth the tradeoff.

The Gen 2's are the best choice for four strokes. Two strokes and skinny tracks are probably better off with the Gen 3's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts