Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
just cut ur stock can and bump ur jet size about three size's ..or go to an atv shop and get a couple dirt bike silencers for like 50 bucks a piece and mod them to fit ur pipes sound much better then a can and give that nice crisp brap sound

·
Registered
131 Posts
they are around 220$. but check with your state regulations first they are really cutting down on the loudness issue, otherwise youll be paying more than the price of the can.

·
Registered
511 Posts
i disagree. i have HPS can and my buddy has a race version MBRP and mine's twice as loud. if you want the pimpest loudest sounding can get a "THING" made in canada www.thesledshed.ca

these are what the slednecks guys have on their sleds!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
ralphieracin said:
i just put a sno-stuff rumble pack on mine tonight,never heard anyothers up close but i think it rocks 181.00 deliverd to my house

[snapback]264385[/snapback]​
In case you havn't heard really loud is out unless you want to ride it around your yard all day. Performance does not always have to be loud. Take a peak out from under the rock.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I think I've got a louder set up than all you guys. Skidoorider91, what you really want to do is take out the pipe and silencer and run some 2" exhaust tubing from the manifold to the sides of the belly pan. have them welded to your manifold. You know like the drag sleds have. Put a little heat tape on the pipe where it exits the belly pan so you don't melt the plastic. Thats what I'm running on my 02 600 and I picked up about 5 mph up top. Of course you are going to have to jet down about 3-4 sizes or you'll be running to rich with this set up. You'll have the loudest sled on the trails for sure. Good luck.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I mean he should lean it out by going a few jet sizes smaller. He's gonna want the plug tips to be nice and white. Then take her out on the lake and pin it for about 5 minutes wide open to break in the pipes.

·
Mmmmm......Snow
1,159 Posts
I think I've got a louder set up than all you guys. Skidoorider91, what you really want to do is take out the pipe and silencer and run some 2" exhaust tubing from the manifold to the sides of the belly pan. have them welded to your manifold. You know like the drag sleds have. Put a little heat tape on the pipe where it exits the belly pan so you don't melt the plastic. Thats what I'm running on my 02 600 and I picked up about 5 mph up top. Of course you are going to have to jet down about 3-4 sizes or you'll be running to rich with this set up. You'll have the loudest sled on the trails for sure. Good luck.
Get a brain - you'll LOSE power without the tuned pipes in there.

Also thanks for being part of the reason people hate sledders.

My .02

1 - 20 of 38 Posts