Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a sno stuff and mbrp silencers and they are not good, they lose power and lower my rpms, which silencers are proven to gain hp for revs. I have heard that aaen performance makes power increasing cans, but I dont know if they work well. So if anybody knows of a hp gaining can, plz let me know

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have been through this for 2 years. i have a 03 800 with ported HO cylinders. Here are my opinions. I had the Rumble Pack = Junk lost power, I had the J&T silencer that many people on this board like, Sounded the best by far but lost 500 rpms over my stock can so that also = junk. tried the mbrp same loud and crisp but again lost power. finally i bought a dynoport can. it was the ugliest of them all and has a deeper sound but It works and always works. Since then I got the single pipe and the sled really goes good. I am really happy with the dynoport pipe and can and would recommend it to anyone. my .02

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Dynoport or HPS, would not waist my money on anything else.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Rev4life said:
I have been through this for 2 years. i have a 03 800 with ported HO cylinders. Here are my opinions. I had the Rumble Pack = Junk lost power, I had the J&T silencer that many people on this board like, Sounded the best by far but lost 500 rpms over my stock can so that also = junk. tried the mbrp same loud and crisp but again lost power. finally i bought a dynoport can. it was the ugliest of them all and has a deeper sound but It works and always works. Since then I got the single pipe and the sled really goes good. I am really happy with the dynoport pipe and can and would recommend it to anyone. my .02
[snapback]714721[/snapback]​
If you have a ported motor you need to let us know so we can make a junk J&T work they are set-up for a stock sled.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Gade600 said:
I have had a sno stuff and mbrp silencers and they are not good, they lose power and lower my rpms, which silencers are proven to gain hp for revs. I have heard that aaen performance makes power increasing cans, but I dont know if they work well. So if anybody knows of a hp gaining can, plz let me know
[snapback]714632[/snapback]​
I have the same problem with my wifes 500ss

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
bowhunter1 said:
I'm still staying with my J&T. I like how it looks, and sounds. As far as performance I can't tell any pro's or con's, which I consider a good thing. If I can drop weight, sound and look nice, and not lose power... thats a good can!

[snapback]715297[/snapback]​
im also sticking with my J&T. have had no problems or loss of power. everybody has there own opinion. thanks jonnyskidoo for a nice product.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Anyone interested in trading a J&T Quiet Trail Can for a Dynoport. I think I would like something a little closer to stock sound. The J&T has a real deep low tone at idle and mid range. The bark at WOT is awesome.

J&T Quiet Trail (600HO Carb) - Ceramic coated. If no one offers to trade I may put it up for sale in a couple weeks and then buy a Dynoport.

·
Auto Tech
1,095 Posts
I have also had a mbrp, and kessel can. The mbrp's do sound nice, but you lose a little bottom end torque. Alot of people say you lose topend but I did not notice any. The kessel can which is a smal company in UT was the biggest piece I have ever owned. It was built good construction wise, but cheap and fitted like crap. I have now went with a hps and will be testing it out this weekend. I have heard many good things about them so I will have to see how it works. I know that the hps is defintely quieter than my mbrp and kessel can that I had on the sled, which is fine with me.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Good - HPS, AAEN, Dynoport, J&T

Bad - Sno-Stuff Rumble Pack, MBRP

·
Just the Tip!!
2,504 Posts
IF you want a setup thats sounds closest to stock get the AAEN pipe and double core silencer.
Even know its pricy for the setup it works i had a J&T can last YR and didnt really notice anything from it maybe a bit more on top end but down low i lost Torque which i relish the most.
AAEN sounds like a Modified sled without the infamous bark of a silencer and saves you 15lbs total and performance you can feel.
I will def go back to this in the future.

·
Registered
889 Posts
i got an mbrp silencer and i think that it is excellent, 8lbs lighter and sounds nice, i found that it gave me better throttle response. but it was fairly loud with the stock pipe. this year i added the aaen single pipe with my mbrp can and it is way quieter, not much louder than stock at idle and moderate speeds, it has a nice rip at top end but not too loud, much,much quieter than with the stock pipe and you can really notice the 5 hp power gain with the aaen pipe and the extra 5lbs it takes off.

·
Registered
72 Posts
BTANK said:
IF you want a setup thats sounds closest to stock get the AAEN pipe and double core silencer.
Even know its pricy for the setup it works i had a J&T can last YR and didnt really notice anything from it maybe a bit more on top end but down low i lost Torque which i relish the most.
AAEN sounds like a Modified sled without the infamous bark of a silencer and saves you 15lbs total and performance you can feel.
I will def go back to this in the future.
[snapback]715939[/snapback]​
anything other than stock around here will get ya the sound of the judge's gavel hittin' the bench!!! Four got nailed over the weekend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts