Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I have a HPS and love it. it's loud but not as loud as some others. You can check out my gallery for vid clips with the hps on it. (the vids are not a good depiction because of all the trees and water refracting the sound, it sounds louder than in real life).

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
bigf150 said:
I have a HPS and love it. it's loud but not as loud as some others. You can check out my gallery for vid clips with the hps on it. (the vids are not a good depiction because of all the trees and water refracting the sound, it sounds louder than in real life).
[snapback]706776[/snapback]​
I can't believe you ride your sled with that CAN around MN. Sorry but that's how trails get closed.. Maybe I am wrong and change back to stock for MN riding, I HOPE SO..

·
Registered
190 Posts
Easy answer to the original question

NONE! All you do is get the rest of us in trouble and get trails shut down. Cans don't make your sled impressive....They actually make you look dumb..."Look I just spent 300 dollars for noise!!" DUH

You know whats impressive? Coming up on someone all quiet and innocent and just blowin their running boards off...especially when your sled is 200cc's smaller. Sleeper sleds are impressive! spend your money on something more useful.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
04renegade600ho said:
bigf150 said:
I can't believe you ride your sled with that CAN around MN. Sorry but that's how trails get closed.. Maybe I am wrong and change back to stock for MN riding, I HOPE SO..
[snapback]706848[/snapback]​
first, it's really not that loud, just deeper.
second, I never ride Mn trails, I think they suck, didn't even buy that stupid trail permit...never will!
third, people who hear it in person don't find it obnoctious, it's more simmilar to a good quality exaust for a car.

·
found elsewhere
11,916 Posts
04renegade600ho said:
bigf150 said:
I dont get it.

MN has to be one of the most liberal states when it comes to aftermarket exhaust. Ive never heard of anyone HERE getting a noise ticket, if there is such a thing here. Wisconsin is easily 1000 times more strict. Ive driven right by DNR and Law enforcement and braaped it and they didnt give me a second look. I have a snowmobile trail that is like 50 feet from my house and stock exhaust is just as loud as aftermarket to me.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
MTM said:
04renegade600ho said:
bigf150 said:
I dont get it.

MN has to be one of the most liberal states when it comes to aftermarket exhaust. Ive never heard of anyone HERE getting a noise ticket, if there is such a thing here. Wisconsin is easily 1000 times more strict. Ive driven right by DNR and Law enforcement and braaped it and they didnt give me a second look. I have a snowmobile trail that is like 50 feet from my house and stock exhaust is just as loud as aftermarket to me.
[snapback]707057[/snapback]​

never had a problem in MN or WI. WI is only bad if you are WOT in town. If you respect others they (cops) will respect you back. MI on the other hand has been a real PITA!

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
MTM said:
04renegade600ho said:
bigf150 said:
I dont get it.

[snapback]707057[/snapback]​
My comment has NOTHING to do with cops/noise tickets. It's about respect for the sport and land owners! I guess you have NO clue about this..

G

·
its amazing that ppl get tickets for after market cans..........but when you see an old zrt...........oil burning noisemakers.........they dont get a ticket. man those zrt are super loud! my friends girl bought a 99 xcsp 700 with a dg can..........that was the loudest thing by far that i ever heard, it must of rattled her fillings loose.........i dont know how she even rode it, riding close to her that one season was unbearable....seriously! i remember blowing a hole the size of my hand in my pipe in my old cat., it still wasnt as loud as the dg can.............he actually had to throw the can out......because no one wanted it lol

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Good Cans - HPS, J&T, Dynoport, SLP, AAEN

Bad Cans- MBRP & Sno-Stuff Rumble Packs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts