Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
your going to need a whole new exhaut pipe with a removable silnecer box or you can cut yours open and remove the inside, it will be like running a straight pipe on it so its gonna be loud! but if you can id go with getting the new one

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Don't waste you money to make it sound mean.....This tuned muffler is designed very well....even with engine mods

Spent the money on internal mods and clutching,,,you'd be surprised how much ponnies you can get out of it......

I've got my stock can and it sounds wild when you drop the hammer...but it is a modded motor...

·
Registered
585 Posts
Go for the can, I just put an mbrp race on mine and the awesome sound was well worth the $225, some people will say you will lose hp, but I didn't notice any loss (a dyno might say I lost a couple hp though). I did notice the loss in weight which was a welcome bonus.

P.S. Before any of you naysayers start getting on my case I don't ride any groomed trails!

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Small cc motor's will not benefit from this upgrade, huge loss in bottom to mid-tange torque and throttle response...If you want to sound fast go right ahead,,,

just my 2 cents

Loud doesn't mean fast

·
Registered
859 Posts
farmer_mike said:
Go for the can, I just put an mbrp race on mine and the awesome sound was well worth the $225, some people will say you will lose hp, but I didn't notice any loss (a dyno might say I lost a couple hp though). I did notice the loss in weight which was a welcome bonus.

P.S. Before any of you naysayers start getting on my case I don't ride any groomed trails!
[snapback]705824[/snapback]​
For you a can only cost $225 because you only bought a can. He can't though, the 500 engine has a one piece pipe and can, he'll have to buy a new pipe and can. To the best of my knowledge no-one makes a pipe and can that makes good power gain on the 500, so it would be $600 (approx) for more noise and maybe some weight loss.

The stock pipe is tuned so well, save your hard earned money, leave it alone. Why sound fast and not be?
Buy a clutch kit. It's so much more fun to sound stock and kick "edit for bad language".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.