Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have an issue with the latches that hold the side panels.. mine are all cracked up (2014 expy le).. Is there and aftermarket replacement as the ones brp sells are crap.. my buddy had his replaced last year under warranty and they are all cracked up already

·
Registered
177 Posts
yep,mine also.2015 one year old ready to break.told to buy and replace yearly.also would like a better replacement.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My sled is only three months old and they are all cracked! Junk! I'll wait to see if they come out with something better next year!

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
The "problem" been there since day one regardless of year, strange thing is some crack and some don't, standard ones or the replacements.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The "problem" been there since day one regardless of year, strange thing is some crack and some don't, standard ones or the replacements.
that is what I have been told my 2011 no problem my 2014 problem .. picked up the kit that brp sells 14.99 for the 2 complete or 9.99 for one individual rubber .. go figger

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mine are fine (so far) on a 2011.

But those little rubber bands that hold all the other plastics are shot. Maybe because they attach to knife-edge connectors? Last I checked they were like $25 each (or pair). So now all the plastics are held together with zip ties. The sharp connection points seem like they were intentionally designed to cut through rubber fasteners.

·
Super Moderator
2,665 Posts
Typical BRP rubber. I replace mine about every two years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: suv1

·
Registered
258 Posts
My seat latch rubbers on my 2005 SWT were shot, ordered new without checking the price first.....$30 each holy smokes BRP sure gouges deep with their proprietary products.

Also noticed the rubber boot attaching my carb to air filter on my 1946 2N Ford tractor was starting to show some signs of cracking, Probably good for another 10 years tho.

·
7,718 Posts
My seat latch rubbers on my 2005 SWT were shot, ordered new without checking the price first.....$30 each holy smokes BRP sure gouges deep with their proprietary products.

Also noticed the rubber boot attaching my carb to air filter on my 1946 2N Ford tractor was starting to show some signs of cracking, Probably good for another 10 years tho.
Yes, the ones for the cargo box are $34/ea too. Wicked.

You know you're right about the knife-edges that the rubber straps hook onto. Perhaps an edge softener is a good idea, like a little piece of fuel hose or something. You'd still have to find a way to keep the sucker on there though.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts