Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CK3 chassie, Decker pipes, i have got a big hole in belly pan where i tried different pipes, and these pipes dont fit well. can i cut and change angle of stingers between main expation camber and Muffler if the distance remains the same for all three pipes?? without changing preformance?

also i would have to add lenght to two of the pipes after the muffler(stinger) so i can get all three pipes to exit at the same location. will that effect perf, or egt,s.

bottem line my sled looks like scrap, and most guys these days have the fit and finish on their realy sharp. so i want to clean it up.

i have new rt side belly pan. any help, ideas, or pics, would be great.

Chris

·
Registered
42 Posts
I asked a question as well regarding 925 pipes,stingers... really hard to get an answer on either question so many things going on in the pipes and after their tuned one little thing can upset the whole balance probably something for a pipe builder to answer i called the crankshop today got my answer right quick, better safe than sorry, their not cheap

·
Registered
42 Posts
They said to go up one mm from silencers(honeycomb) tube size, try and keep length (end to end) close, glass packs were burnt out had to be hurting power lots of voids and turbulance, to much bleed off

·
Registered
42 Posts
Also im going to play with the end of pipe stinger a little, if going up one size hurts on the top I will insert the pipe stinger down a size, we use to do this with the old 780 Improver,Jaws 800 pipes they liked to be tightened up 1mm at the pipe stinger, just on a short run though 660ft, skirts can get hot on a long pull, made wicked torque though at 9200

1 - 6 of 6 Posts