Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been a lot of whining and SDI's and how lousy they are lately.
I will agree, there are issues that need to be worked out. But there has been just a ton of posts after posts complaing about their issues.

Since I didn't go riding this weekend. I did a little research. I called 7 different Doo dealers and asked to speak with the service dept. I chatted with all of them and asked about the different problems they have encountered with the SDI's. They mentioned a couple that have come on this site time after time.

I then asked them a very important question IMO - Doo you see the SDI's in for service more than other Doo's or sleds in general?
Answer - NO, less if anything many of them said.

I ride a SDI and ride often enough with a few other SDI owners. Except for my edit for bad languagety gas mileage (which I believe is caused by my riding style and mods). We have not had any major problems. That is with a lot of various types of extremely hard riding.

I think that proves that most people are having good luck with their SDI's.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Teamscream,
I will say this as a reply to your title of this thread;

I'M SICK AND TIRED OF HAVING SDI PROBLEMS!

Look at it this way, it's free to hear about someone's problems, but it cost me $20,000 to have some of these problems for myself! Those that don't want to hear (read about) them can skip that thread. (and their problem is fixed) Those of us that OWN the problem have to deal with it EVERY SINGLE TIME WE RIDE!

hmmm.....

And honestly I trully don't think I complain to much about it. I just try to deal with it and try and solve it myself!

·
REV XP Nut
1,248 Posts
4800 miles , 130 lbs comp , 16 -17 mil per gal , no problems here sep no snow maybe youall need a dealer that gives a $h/t and Techs that know their $h/t ?

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
biggziff said:
Not for nuthin'...do you expect a dealer to tell you that there are lots of problems with the sled that they sell??
[snapback]687182[/snapback]​
EXACTELY. I stopped at Seminars (largest DOO dealer in the World) and they claimed they Never see SDI issues.

Sorry buddy, but that isn't going to make my BUY ONE QUICK!

I'd rather not be lied to, but I'm sure they want to sell the SDI's too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.