Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are Shredder RE specs getting changed while we wait for our builds.
Originally and when I spring ordered it was supposed to have 4.5" digital display and KYB 46 HLCR Kashima shock on both front and rear skid position.
Now looking at Lynx spec book and also sled configurator it looks like it comes with Compact digital display and KYB 46 Kashima shock on center (without the HLCR).

Font Parallel Screenshot Magenta Number

Any ideas why and how this is happening and is this also for us who spring-checked the sled?

·
Super Moderator
4,018 Posts
Due to the ongoing supply chain shortages, we will begin shipping MY23 Ski-Doo units with a Compact digital display instead of the 4.5-inch digital display. This will allow us to maintain our promised orders and allow you to deliver a complete vehicle to a customer in a timely manner.

IMPACTED MODELS:
All of the following models are impacted.
This will exclude the MY23 Ski-Doo Renegade Adrenaline.

Ski-Doo affected models:

• Backcountry Sport
  • Backcountry (std)
  • Expedition Sport
  • Expedition LE
  • Expedition Xtreme
  • Freeride 146/154/165 (still available with 10.25 in. Touchscreen as an option)
  • Grand Touring Sport
  • MXZ Neo
  • MXZ Neo+
  • MXZ Sport
  • Renegade Sport
  • Skandic Sport
  • Skandic LE
  • Summit Neo
  • Summit Neo+
  • Summit SP
  • Summit Edge
  • Summit X (still available with 10.25 in. Touchscreen as an option)
  • Summit X with Expert Package (still available with 10.25 in. Touchscreen as an option)
  • Tundra Sport
  • Tundra LT
Lynx affected models:

• 49 Ranger Std
  • 59 Ranger Std
  • 69 Ranger Std
  • Adventure LX
  • Adventure Std
  • Commander Std
  • Xterrain Std
  • Shredder DS 3900 / 4100 (still available with 10.25 in. Touchscreen as an option)
  • Shredder RE 3700 / 3900 (still available with 10.25 in. Touchscreen as an option)
  • Shredder Std
With this permanent feature change, the Compact digital display will still maintain similar functionality initially planned on the Model Year 2023 with the 4.5-inch digital display such as the speed limiter and belt monitoring system (on applicable models) which will still exist and function as intended. There are some slight differences between the two, such as the Compact digital gauge will not show indications that these features are in operation.

DEALER ACTIONS
For each vehicle that’s impacted by this feature change, please inform the customer that:

• The 4.5-inch digital display has been replaced by a Compact digital display. The 4.5-inch digital display functionalities will be available.
  • Refer the customer to the most updated version of the vehicle operator's guide available at www.operatorsguide.brp.com.

·
Registered
45 Posts
They did the same gauge swap in 2022 for the BOONDOCKERS WITH NO NOTIFICATION OF THE DEALERS OR CUSTOMERS AND NO COMPENSATION. JUST DOESN'T SEEM RIGHT THAT THEY CAN CHANGE THE SPECS ONCE DEPOSITS HAVE BEEN MADE.

That said I am actually happy with the compact gauge. Didn't even know it had belt temp in the readouts (dealer didn't know either) until someone on this forum posted the scoop. Not good when we get better info from this forum than we get from BRP and the dealers.

·
Registered
91 Plus, 93 Mach 1 and 97 Mach Z.
1,867 Posts
Hold your horses. This is not a case of cost saving or "watering down". This is just a case of the first American spec sheet being incorrect. In the PPS2 DS+ skid, there is simply no room for the massive 46 mm HLCR shock absorber that was used in trail skids and previous RE skids. There is no room for the separate reservoir and the compression valve.

I don't remember what the European spec sheet says, but it certainly does not say HLCR.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, it was error in early EMEA spec sheet. It was corrected while back.
I still have the original sheet on my harddrive which says HLCR also for center and 4.5" gauge, but that was obvious mistake by them.
Tire Product Vehicle Font Wheel

Anyway, I take all my bad words back, and eagerly waiting for my new sled :p

·
Registered
91 Plus, 93 Mach 1 and 97 Mach Z.
1,867 Posts
With the gauge, just wait and see what you get...

All European 2022 deep and steep machines were delivered with the cheap pre-2021 gauge, because they had supplier issues with the advertised 2021- gauge. I would not be surprised if the same thing happens again.

·
Premium Member
30,516 Posts
With the gauge, just wait and see what you get...

All European 2022 deep and steep machines were delivered with the cheap pre-2021 gauge, because they had supplier issues with the advertised 2021- gauge. I would not be surprised if the same thing happens again.
I would be happy to even get a gauge.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
They always lower the price and refund the difference to the buyers already under contract when they short or downgrade equipment, right? :ROFLMAO: ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts