Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Descending doooowwwwnnnnn
3,717 Posts
added joe's kit to the already potent SHR840,did a bunch of powder/cross country/ditchbanging riding,this kit never skipped a beat,backshifting was always there same as upshift,it really shines in the snow.and super easy to tune..looking forward to joes roller helix when it comes out...after watching me pull the skis in the air at will,the 1000 summit wants to line up next week...hehe...with stock clutching he wont stand a chance..

·
Registered
213 Posts
DITCHBANGERPRO said:
added joe's kit to the already potent SHR840,did a bunch of powder/cross country/ditchbanging riding,this kit never skipped a beat,backshifting was always there same as upshift,it really shines in the snow.and super easy to tune..looking forward to joes roller helix when it comes out...after watching me pull the skis in the air at will,the 1000 summit wants to line up next week...hehe...with stock clutching he wont stand a chance..

[snapback]686835[/snapback]​
Its a match made in heaven isnt it?Have little tuning to do to mine but have sore arms from the pull and sore knees from the decel engine braking then hit the gas and instant hard and i mean hard pull.Also waiting for DJ's roller,some top notch work from these two fellas,thanks BJ and DJ.

·
www.kalcoinspections.com
3,186 Posts
What kind of mpg are you guys getting on those big bore kits?

·
Descending doooowwwwnnnnn
3,717 Posts
i never figured out a mileage to be exact..dont ride trails so the numbers may not sound as good,but for reference im the same as a 15x144x1.5 800efi cat(and i run a 16x144x2),but with 15-20 hp more,i personally think its great on gas as i had a 01zx800 before and it was a hog..i dont have one single complaint about the 840 at all.

·
Metalhead
9,227 Posts
Thanks for the cheer.

I like to say that Big John's engine products work quite well and are super easy to clutch....can you say "Torkkamondo". Just his Trail Torquer kit is darn impressive, when one has my S8X kit and then adds the TTQer kit, we have to change the primary spring to one with a lower final force. Much more schnozz in the midrange.

Some day when I can muster up the $$$ i'll step into a bb myself.

Happy trails

Joey

·
www.kalcoinspections.com
3,186 Posts
DITCHBANGERPRO said:
i never figured out a mileage to be exact..dont ride trails so the numbers may not sound as good,but for reference im the same as a 15x144x1.5 800efi cat(and i run a 16x144x2),but with 15-20 hp more,i personally think its great on gas as i had a 01zx800 before and it was a hog..i dont have one single complaint about the 840 at all.
[snapback]687526[/snapback]​
Thanks Ditchbanger. Anyone else?

·
Registered
213 Posts
bm800rev said:
DITCHBANGERPRO said:
[snapback]687824[/snapback]​
I think I could get 90 to 95 miles to a tank and thats not being easy on the throttle.You have to remember BJ's engine scavenges the fuel more effectively and fuel milage is not far off from stock.DJ,how close is the roller helix??I bet its hard to improve on perfection(sx button kit).

·
www.kalcoinspections.com
3,186 Posts
wasy04 said:
bm800rev said:
DITCHBANGERPRO said:
[snapback]687824[/snapback]​
I think I could get 90 to 95 miles to a tank and thats not being easy on the throttle.You have to remember BJ's engine scavenges the fuel more effectively and fuel milage is not far off from stock.DJ,how close is the roller helix??I bet its hard to improve on perfection(sx button kit).
[snapback]688162[/snapback]​
Thanks, I may make this investment depending on the 07's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.