Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of a big bore, being I need too redo my motor. Planning of a shr or trygstad. Has anyone had both what one you liked better, how was the service.

I just can't make up my mind on who to go with.

·
"The most hated man on DooTalk"
20,506 Posts
Why isn't SHR 880 an option?

I sent my stuff to SHR. BJ's been great about getting back to me quickly whenever I have a question or concern no matter the day or time (I work a rotating 12 hour shift so getting ahold of business' can be a real hassle).

·
Registered
387 Posts
all anyone has to say about shr is amazing, I want to do one myself and everyone loves bj hes a great guy and no one (that I know of) has had issues with him

·
Registered
302 Posts
SHR is very good to deal with and builds a good product.
Have ran 3 different BB's . Two 880's and one 860.
SHR I preferred the best.
Haven't dealt with Trystad but he comes highly recommended also.
Can't go wrong with either I don't think.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Yes I agree with PF1572, They are both good builders, do a search and there are tones of threads on this. I love my 872, no comparison to my old 860. Dave is fantastic to deal with and has been a consultant for Skidoo for over 20yrs so he know his stuff. Warning; once you have rode a BB you won't be happy with stock lol, so beware there is no going back!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I've had several race motors 2 800rs and 1 860 from Trygstad and they have been absolutely fantastic. I'll be putting a 872 in my '15 renegade.

·
Registered
156 Posts
880/860 and 872 all solid motors. Buddy has Tryg 872 and SHR 860, both rip. Running SHR 880 in my old mans sled, love it. Had SHR 860 before going 880 in his sled, 880 feels like it has a lot more torque. Biggest thing with any big bore is getting them setup for your riding style and elevation.

I've had great luck dealing w/ Big John so I end up being a cheerleader for SHR. Dave has the same type of following from his happy customers. You'll be happy w/ either builder.

·
Registered
863 Posts
SHR ALL THE WAY just wasting money on others just my 2 cents

·
Summer Sucks!!!!!
8,989 Posts
SHR860 Junky here......hands down the BEST customer service! His motors run pretty hard too :wink_old: My wife say's his T-shirts are expensive.... :laugh_old: lol.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Just got told that the 872 is really a 869cc.... 880 is looking better and better

Reactions: sledsrockcolorado

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I had SHR build me a 860 for my sled this year and it is an awesome set up, Great customer service as well GO SHR and you wont be dissapointed

·
Registered
302 Posts
Just got told that the 872 is really a 869cc.... 880 is looking better and better
Fred it's just a # and as long as it's pulling great and making good power and lasts it doesn't matter .
You think?

Reactions: tukernater

·
Registered
243 Posts
cant go wrong with any of them.

How much you want to spend?

less than 2000 go shr 860

shr880 AND 872 are about 2200$

shr880 (newest version) 3000 with bored carbs and y pipe (apparently this is the motor to beat)

both shr and trygstad can build mild to wild, compression, ignition, twin pipes etc.

few more that rip

arctic edge

rktek

split second

dmax (there 860 is top notch holy crap, but not cheap)

terra alps

·
Ride it like ya stole it
3,759 Posts
this may be a stupid question?? do these big bore motors last for a long time and are they good for trail riding? just wondering.. I just blew my 800R p-tek motor last week in Fort Kent, and getting ready to do something with it

1 - 20 of 39 Posts