Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting a new snowmobile but dont know if im ready to give up the Mach. I have a '99 Mach Z and had a couple questions. How do these two compare in speed? I only have Boyesen reeds in the engine, otherwise it's stock. How does the rev 800 keep up with the Mach 800? Also, is the ride that much better? The Mach doesnt feel too terrible compared to a few rev's ive driven, but it is alot better going on long rides. I wouldnt have enough money to buy brand new so need to buy used, what is a good year or bad years that i should watch out for concerning issues they might have with problems? any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Alot

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
no, their total pieces of crap. dont even think of buying one...

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
if your main aim is straight line speed there are better choices... including the new mach and other brands...

if you ride bumps or groomed trails there is no better sled!

I wouldnt have enough money to buy brand new so need to buy used, what is a good year or bad years that i should watch out for concerning issues they might have with problems?
they are all good years... when you buy used you are buying what ever the other guy is hiding... so more imporatant than the year is the quality of the seller!

as with any used sled try to get one that was kept stock or near to it, no studs is a big + too-

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is just my opinion, but i love the REV's. The CK3 Mach's are fast sleds, properly tuned nothing will touch them, but thats only in a straight line, if you only run drag strips then i might consider staying with your current sled. However i know some people that replaced there CK3 Mach's with the newer RT Mach's, and they have never regreted it, for handling and general performance. If you do much trail riding however there has never been a better chasis than the REV, they are amazing. they flat out fly through the trails. Personnally i would trade any other chasis for a REV in an instance. If speed is a major concern you may not be too happy with the 800 PTEK, unless its the '06 wich are very good performers from what i have heard. Its your option, but i would definatly go for the REV.

·
Registered
48 Posts
REN04 said:
This is just my opinion, but i love the REV's. The CK3 Mach's are fast sleds, properly tuned nothing will touch them, but thats only in a straight line, if you only run drag strips then i might consider staying with your current sled. However i know some people that replaced there CK3 Mach's with the newer RT Mach's, and they have never regreted it, for handling and general performance. If you do much trail riding however there has never been a better chasis than the REV, they are amazing. they flat out fly through the trails. Personnally i would trade any other chasis for a REV in an instance. If speed is a major concern you may not be too happy with the 800 PTEK, unless its the '06 wich are very good performers from what i have heard. Its your option, but i would definatly go for the REV.
[snapback]693919[/snapback]​
If you use the sled for trail riding the Rev is the only way to go in my book. I use to have a 99 mach Z,The mach was a little faster on top end then my rev 800X, But these REV's love the bumps, And the REV is a lot lighter then that MIGHTY MACH.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I HAD A 97 MACH Z AND THEN WENT TO A ZR 900 IN 2003 AND BOUGHT AN 05 800 X NEW AND ILL NEVER GO BACK. YEAH MY MACH AND THE 9 WERE FASTER ON TOP BUT FOR TRAILS THE REV IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Doo800X said:
REN04 said:
[snapback]693919[/snapback]​
If you use the sled for trail riding the Rev is the only way to go in my book. I use to have a 99 mach Z,The mach was a little faster on top end then my rev 800X, But these REV's love the bumps, And the REV is a lot lighter then that MIGHTY MACH.

[snapback]694073[/snapback]​
ive ridden my buddie 800 tripple, and it is just nuts!! it is faster then my 800, not by alot top end, but it gets there fast.
however, i have ridden my girls (similare suspention) for a long time and the rev is sooooo much smoother, and less bumpy hers is a 97 formula.
i think if you went to a rev depending how you ride, the rev is a better all around sled

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why is no studs a big deal? I would love to buy a brand new Mach Z, but simply dont think i could afford it. Id love to own one though. That would easily be my first choice. But with the money situation now, i would still like to get something newer and better, but cant go all the way to a new Mach as of now. I am leaning towards getting a Rev, i think. I ride trails almost all the time, but do line up on wide open lakes and roads quite a bit, too. How would the Rev compare in top speed and accelaration if you lined mine and a rev up side by side? I love going fast and racing, but i aslo want a good trail sled, which is the rev.

·
E-Tec Rules
33,876 Posts
get rev

·
Registered
110 Posts
I got rid of my 96 Flll last year and bought a rev. It was the best thing I have ever done. I used to be concerned with just speed but found out there is much more. As far as the stud issue goes, i'm not sure. I have a paddle track and live in the midwest. I love being able to go anywhere. If you just care about the lakes then get one with studs.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I went from a CK3 to a Rev. My Formula III was an absolute tank compared to the Rev! There is no comparison between the two for suspension and ride. In the powerplant however I loved my triple. Your Mach probably has more legs on top end, but the difference will be very minor. My dealer is setting up a Rev 800 for drag racing. With the right clutching it is getting seriously fast. The 800 Power Tek is a very strong motor. Durability, well...its a shame we have to worry about that with Ski-Doo now a days.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I went from a ZX to the REV.....if I had to go back I would get out of the sport. Seriously!!! Some buddies of mine were trying mine out this past weekend, and I had to ride theirs....they all suck!!! I had to make a trip to the chiropractor after trip. ***GO REV***

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
rev is awesome compared to any chassis Doo has ever made. 800 in 03 was not as powerful as 04 and then in 05 the X's have the powertek which is a positive if given a choice.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I would definitely suggest the rev. I had ZX chassis sleds prior and would never go back. I had a 03 rev and now have a 04. I would suggest staying away from the 03's. The beaver tail is a pain in the A$$ to me. If you leave it on, it looks like "edit for bad language" and is horrible in powder. If you take it off, you run into cooling problems and I had problems with my beaver delete kit getting loose on me and it was installed properly.
-

·
Registered
94 Posts
GO REV! Now that i have one I will never go back. The ride is so nice. You hardly have to lean when you want to go fast. Its the nicest sled ive ever driven.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts